Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roadside assistance, who do you prefer?

Is one better than another? Been looking at Good Sam's, AAA, what's offered through my extended warranty, ect...Who did you choose? Right now there's a TV offer for AAA on an annual membership for $59. Thanks for your input.
    Tim & Brenda
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2013 F350 DRW Factory Prep Tow Package 8ft Bed 4X4
    Good-Year G614
    B&W Companion 3300
    Firestone RideRiite
    2009 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    2002 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
    Male Cocker "Scooter"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Coachnet. They are excellent. Ive use them in the past when I owned a motorhome and wouldnt think of using any other because of their service.
    Susan and Jim
    2015 Reflection 27RL
    2013 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SRW
    PullRite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Timbren SES

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go AAA then make sure you get the full RV plan. Long story but a few years ago we had to convince tow truck driver we would not leave trailer on the side of the road because we only had coverage to cover the truck OR trailer and the truck was broke (old truck.)

Point is be sure what ever you choose it is what you think it is when you sign up. We thought we were covered every which way but weren't. We are now.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have Coachnet. I have one fantastic experience and one not so great.

Not so great was the day Deb locked her keys in the car in downtown San Diego and it took so long for someone could arrive in this huge metropolitan area just to unlock her car, I drove 45 minutes with her spare keys to get her going. The tow truck never arrived.

One the other hand we had an experience last summer when we were on our cross country trip and thousands of miles from home. I pulled in to a BP gas station and filled my diesel with gasoline! I called Coachnet and within an hour my truck was on a flatbed headed to a dealership and the 5th wheel was hooked up to another pickup and on it's way to a nearby KOA where we stayed for the next 5 days. Now that made me a satisfied member.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had pretty good luck with Goodsamclub roadside assistance. I broke a fan belt and within 15 minutes a roll off wrecker showed up to haul truck to dealer
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Sam Club here. Within 3 weeks of signing up I got stuck on a 2 track in northern MI. I totally forgot I had the coverage and paid for the tow out-of-pocket. Next day I found the coverage sheet in my console, contacted Good Sam and explained my mental lapse. They could have denied my claim as I did not go throught their call center. But they sent me a form to fill out and I processed the request for reimbursement. Within a couple weeks I had my check.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the rv coverage through AAA for many years. The one time I needed it pulling the trailer was in New Jersey. New Jersey AAA refused service saying they didn't service RV's. After several hours on the phone, Texas AAA called New Jersey AAA and New Jersey then decided to honor the RV coverage. By that time I had managed to get to a safe area and changed the tire myself. It took over 6 months back and forth with AAA to get them to even acknowledge that the problem took place but in the end they gave me a years free coverage so I kept it for a while. But, when in Montana a few years ago, I called from a campsite to get a tire that was going bad changed out. The AAA guy showed up and changed the tire but told me that AAA only pays a set rate so if he had received a call after ours he would have moved us down the list until he ran out of regular payment calls before he serviced the AAA call. He said the Good Sam coverage and some of the others call for a price and if they agree to it they send out the wrecker and you then maintain your order on the list of calls. I checked on this with other providers and found all told the same story, so we have changed to Good Sam Roadside Asst. The cost was about the same or maybe a little less. Of course I haven't had to use it since we switched but that is an experience I can wait for.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Coach-Net. Used them once about 7 years ago. We burned a bearing on a back road. The service guy showed up in about an hour, replaced the bearing and race and we were on our way.
    One thing to remember, if you are not near a well populated area, the service provider for AAA, Coach-Net, or Good Sam is probably the same guy. Many real small towns only have one tow operator.

John
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Good Sam ERS. I've had it for 15 years. Most of my service has been on my cars. I did require them once to change a tire. The guy who came out did not have a jack large enough for my 5th wheel. He used several jacks to raise it high enough to change the tire. Now I know to tell the operator to make sure they have the capacity to raise my 5th wheel.
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ 4x4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did learn something I didn't know. With Good Sam insurance you can call when you put your RV in storage and they reduce your rate.
    Steven and Linda Akers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast