User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked ours up. We couldn't be more happy with the unit. We are so thankful that Grand Design makes a quality product. Our dealer rushed us through the inspection process like we were at a fast food restaurant. Fortunality there are no real issues with the camper, Thanks to Grand Design's quality controls and inspection process. I am towing with a GMC 1500. I am getting about 13mpg. You sure won't win any drag races with this rig, but so far it's doing great. We can't wait to get out this spring.

JDsImagine
    I am due to pick mine up in a week. I will stay up to date on this thread.

My question is - Are there any questions regarding the 2016 2150RB that any owners wish they had asked during their orientation? Newb here.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your dealer does their job, most of your questions will be answered. I hope you have better luck then we did. Do some research on any accessories you might want. You dealer will most likely offer you a discount or give you store credit at the time of pickup. Depending on how handy you are most things you can purchase on-line and install yourself. Our dealer offered us a whoe $25 store credit and a 10% discount. Don't waist what they give you on basic accessories. Our Wallmart has a full line of RV accessories. Don't pay dealer prices for things such as chemicals, sewer hoses, water hoses etc.... Use your discount for any factory only things. I know now that GD offers a rear ladder and sink covers. I wished we had known that when we picked ours up. I will be ordering those two things very soon, but I'm not sure I trust our dealer to install the ladder. They left us with a very bad opinion of their compentincy.
    Good luck and welcome to the GD family of owners!!!!!!!

JDsImagine
    Thanks for the info on the ladder. The dealership I'm going thru seemed to be unsure of mounting it. Claimed it would need to be bolted to the aluminum frame. The specs that I saw clearly said there was an internal "Backing" for the ladder. A bit disappointed in the lack of knowledge by a dealer who primarily deals with Grand Design. But, with only two dealers within 200 miles.... *sigh* The freight charges quoted were quite high. But I've seen several posts mentioning that they can ship them in the next trailer to depart. I am also concerned with their competency.

pink toaster
    We are planning on buying a 2150 but are a few months out. We looked at one this weekend and absolutely fell IN LOVE! We will definitely want to add a rook ladder and sink cover. I hope we see lots more owners adding to this thread in the meantime!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. Have you by chance looked at the new 2650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Itgoes211 View Post
    Very cool. Have you by chance looked at the new 2650?

We did but we want to keep the weight down and don't need that huge kitchen (or fireplace). We also looked at the 2600 bit we both just love the 2150!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would have had the 2650 when I bought mine. Just got mine in March and wish I would have waited.

pink toaster
    I will say, that while we are in love with the 2150 overall.... I feel like the change in the table (from the free standing to the one that hooks on to the sofa) is very cheap looking! That tan plastic is nasty! I like the older free standing one's look much better since it matches the kitchen counter.

Of course, looking at another thread on the forum about how often GD changes things, maybe the table won't be cheap looking by the time we buy ours!?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send me a private message. I may be interested in getting rid of my table.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast