User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    acurcio

battery shut off switch

Hi my 2015 solitude battery turn off switch still has power to rv when switch is off. Just woundering why. I noticed it when i installed the furrion back up camera the power light was still on after truck was disconected and battery switch was off. The battery cable goes from the + to a bus board then another cable goes to feed turn off switch from bus board. I believe the main feed should go to turn off switch first then feed everything else. So just wondering if anyone has seen this thank you

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you plugged into shore power ?
    If so, the converter will supply 12V to the RV with the battery switch off.
    Bin-ther-dun-that .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acurcio View Post
    Hi my 2015 solitude battery turn off switch still has power to rv when switch is off. Just woundering why. I noticed it when i installed the furrion back up camera the power light was still on after truck was disconected and battery switch was off. The battery cable goes from the + to a bus board then another cable goes to feed turn off switch from bus board. I believe the main feed should go to turn off switch first then feed everything else. So just wondering if anyone has seen this thank you
    The bus board you're referring to are auto-resetting circuit breakers. If the camera is still powered after the battery disconnect is thrown is because you've connected the camera power to a circuit breaker before the disconnect switch...just need to connect to another circuit breaker downstream of the disconnect switch.

The battery disconnect doesn't kill all 12V power to the camper...things like the propane detector, radio (for the clock) and the front landing gear will be operable.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

acurcio
    yes the shore line is unplugged. and the camera mount was factory installed and wired thanks for the interest in my questions