User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    numner

Floor Raising when Furnace is Running

We just had our walk through before picking up our Reflection 323BH and discovered that the entire floor in front of the fireplace and couch area was raised about an inch high (it made a depression when you walked on it) and full of air from the furnace running.

The dealer is saying that it was due to it being cold outside (it was 38) and the floors not being glued down and that once it warmed up it would return to normal. The furnace had been running for 2 hours prior to our walk through and should have been warmed up enough. The service department opened the air duct on the island and said that there was foam around the duct so it shouldn't be causing any issues. We left it there to have the service department look at it again. But they insist that there isn't anything wrong with the floor raising like that.

Is the dealer correct that this is "normal" or are they just trying to move the unit?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all welcome to the forum. I almost spit my coffee out when I read this post. No, that is NOT normal and needs to be fixed before you take delivery. I suppose they'll tell you that it's normal for the roof to raise up an inch when the air conditioner is on. Stand your ground on this one.

Jim

numner
    Thanks for the quick response! That is what we thought and why we refused to take it that day. We purchased at a show and when they closed the unit up afterwards they didn't check that the drawers we shut. So they have already had to fix the slide that was pushed out of alignment and replace 2 drawers. So we will stand our ground on this before we take delivery.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting...are the furnace outlets in the main living area only on the island? Hard to see how air would get trapped between the sub-floor and the lino unless from a floor outlet.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

numner
    The only furnace outlet in that area is at the base of the island facing the main living area.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 303 has 3 vents in the island (rear as you allude to, another facing the stove and a third facing the dining table.) Interesting that your 323 does not have the same as the basic Reflection fiver design/center island/etc. is essentially the same. I believe even the 337 like Jim's is like our 303........maybe he or someone with a 337 or 323 can provide some feedback and then if so you may want to take another look at yours. This still does not answer why the flooring by the fireplace is rising but it is not due to the furnace unless the ducting/other has changed which is certainly possible.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like everyone else has said, Like Jim, I almost spit my beer out! (not coffee it is after noon) No that is not normal. It is a easy fix, but that dealer is not being honest with you. I would be vary careful with what they tell you and possibly go to a different dealer if you can. I would contact GD directly and get their opinion too, before taking possession.
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must be one of those heated floors like they have in the more expensive motorhomes. Didn't know we could get that option. Lol.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would run from this dealer. If he is trying to pull this over you, think what will happen when you need a repair. Missing an axle, "No that's normal wear and tear", not covered by warranty.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckeyd1 View Post
    I would run from this dealer. If he is trying to pull this over you, think what will happen when you need a repair. Missing an axle, "No that's normal wear and tear", not covered by warranty.
    x2. You don't need a repaired unit. Find another dealer and look at other units. RVs aren't like cars and trucks. RVs are all different. The same model on the same lot next to the one you're looking at may be problem free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast