User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MaraLee99

New to RVing (2 trips last fall, still new) New to Forum but YAY subcribed!!

Happy Wife and glad to finally be a member here! Amazing people, with loads of information and commonality! Yes, it took me a little longer to get on the site initially but a 4 year old can make life take twists and turns and slow down your normal thinking. (smirking)

Our lives came alive again 4 years ago when we brought our daughter home from hospital after she was born. (aka:Gdaughter) Life changes and we have learned to go with the flow. We adopted her when she was just a little over 1 year old. Some special needs came to light and we decided camping was a great way to get an outlet for all of us. Husband has worked 2 jobs all his life, he's a firefighter and has a second job. (he is a workaholic but he won't admit it) I'm hoping to retire this man in 7 years!!!!!

Went to RV dealer after "we" made the list of wants, needs and deal breakers. Funny story, about our having decided on a TT of another brand, settling into that "it's got what we want, almost, just not everything you want and no camper has everything" but we had pretty much decided on a model. (don't ask me which one because I went blind after seeing the GD Reflection TT at 37') and the sales guy....hahaha..who knew I was a wee bit OCD with my list 6 pages long as we went through everything I had chosen to look through, made concessions and peace with, and crossed out the NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TT but settled on something we were going to be happy with. --- was I CRAZY going into something I hadn't put on my list??? Ya think?! But he had to show us both, TT first and then I said, what's that 5th wheel look like? UGH!???? What was I thinking!??????
    Fell in love with Reflection TT, until I went home and thought, my husband works very hard, has always worked very hard.
    We are going for the 5th wheel! (Budget..."Gone with the Wind"? yup) Did I mention we didn't have a truck with enough power to haul a 5th wheel?Well...We didn't have a truck with enough power.
    However, *wife here* is never going to let that deter her. Pick the model, buy the truck when you know what you need. <chuckle chuckle>
    And that's how we ended up with the GD Reflection 337 RLS and no one knew what we were doing. The pictures we posted from the dealer put a few in shock, let the fun begin, they got many GASPS and WHAT? Yes, we did, and my saying (besides "glamping") was GO BIG OR GO HOME! Never been camping, but GLAMPING was how I pictured it for many years. Even our sales rep was amused enough to put it on our Sold Sign "Happy Glamping" to us. (picture of it some where on phone - 7/31/15 signed and bought 2016 GD Reflection 337 RLS)
    I've got my eye on bigger before he retires, but for now, we're enjoying the ride. Our first two trips were not without a few hiccups that could have possibly been a little horrible but husband is a fix it, jack of all trades, never give up guy. We're still working out a few things but it's to be expected and personally I accept a few things because I refuse to let the negative take my fun of the adventure.
    Finding this forum has been incredible for many things thank you for putting this together and helping all of us (Chris & Michaela and all that contribute). It's cutting edge business with the owners and working through it all.
    Looking forward to getting my husband online to read and get to know how to maneuver around the site and see how interesting it is to read up on everything including other models that other families and people are enjoying. From the Solitude to the TH, I'm researching for future. We're truly living our dream with this little girl!!
    Lee (hubby) and Mary Lou *the wife who types and researches*

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well congratulations! and Welcome! Happy Glamping
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed your story. My husband will be retiring this July so we bought the Solitude in December and we're ready to take some trips until I can retire then we'll become snowbirds in a few years. We looked at so many and I spent thousands of hours researching on the Internet. Walked into the 369rl and that was it! We too didn't have a pickup big enough but the dealership had just taken a pickup in trade and it only had 22,000 miles and was set up for 5th wheel. Went back and bought it next weekend. Crazy ending to the story but we also went back and bought a Harley that had just been traded in. Now hubby has all the toys he wanted when he retires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to the group! Enjoy yourselves
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

MaraLee99
    Quote Originally Posted by braunda101 View Post
    Enjoyed your story. My husband will be retiring this July so we bought the Solitude in December and we're ready to take some trips until I can retire then we'll become snowbirds in a few years. We looked at so many and I spent thousands of hours researching on the Internet. Walked into the 369rl and that was it! We too didn't have a pickup big enough but the dealership had just taken a pickup in trade and it only had 22,000 miles and was set up for 5th wheel. Went back and bought it next weekend. Crazy ending to the story but we also went back and bought a Harley that had just been traded in. Now hubby has all the toys he wanted when he retires!

You will have a great time, and thank you for the little chuckle this morning(as we wait for the Nor'easter-groan oh Happy Spring), it's nice to see another woman too! This forum is a great place to keep up with other GD people. I did all my research online from one brand to another, and all the models but never went to a Grand Design. Not having heard of it, new to the whole RV'ing, I went to names I knew. And here we are owning one, still even as I look at future, I keep going back to GD whether it's Solitude or the TH. Look forward to pictures from you! There were no words to describe the day we took our camper home and the excitement we had. And there is no better feeling (like butterflies and oh SO HAPPY) when hooking up to leave. Congratulations and welcome!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. I like all the things I learn on this forum but some of the threads are hard to follow when you don't have testosterone flowing through your veins! My eyes start to glaze over when there's a in- depth discussion on towing vehicles, tongue weight, GCVW, etc although nobody's actually said what happens if you exceed the suggested weight limit. Does the sky fall? Lol. Then there was a thread about batteries and one about tire treads.......hard to make that stuff interesting unless you are an engineer! Don't get me wrong. I still read the posts and learn what I need to watch out for but don't remember all the details! Be sure and join the Facebook site too. I'll be posting pictures of my 369 after I get my interior decorated with a beach theme.

MaraLee99
    Quote Originally Posted by braunda101 View Post
    You're right. I like all the things I learn on this forum but some of the threads are hard to follow when you don't have testosterone flowing through your veins! My eyes start to glaze over when there's a in- depth discussion on towing vehicles, tongue weight, GCVW, etc although nobody's actually said what happens if you exceed the suggested weight limit. Does the sky fall? Lol. Then there was a thread about batteries and one about tire treads.......hard to make that stuff interesting unless you are an engineer! Don't get me wrong. I still read the posts and learn what I need to watch out for but don't remember all the details! Be sure and join the Facebook site too. I'll be posting pictures of my 369 after I get my interior decorated with a beach theme.

Thank you for that...I didn't know there was one. I "liked" the GD page. I have told my husband that he needs to get reading on here for that reason of the amount of topics that interest him. He'll hopefully get more time once we finish this *not funny Mother Nature* Nor'easter. There's a ton of youtube video's I've sent him on the Solitude with information "he" will understand and I lose it because I don't understand all their language. I'm researching & I don't do mechanical but I'm trying to figure it out. My brain is learning words I never thought it would think. Excited for you!! I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the GD family. We haven't made the transition to retirement yet. I tried once, but it didn't take. Until then we are weekenders and occasional week-long trips. However we do have our retirement fun home on wheels and enjoy what glamping we are able to do.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your 337! We have had ours since December and have about a dozen nights in it so far (I'm still working as well). We absolutely love it! This past weekend daughter, son in law, and 6 yr old all boy gson stayed two nights with us. It was full but just fine, so there is a ton of space. And welcome to the forums!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bill & Debbie - Pineville, LA
    Pups - Loosey and Lil Dude
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Z71 4WD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Facebook page is , Grand Design RV Owners. It's a closed group so you have to make a request to be a member. I had a reply within a few hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast