Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a mild Furrion rant (purely for entertainment purposes)

We just finished the third trip in our 303. Normally, I don’t worry much about the audio-visual system on a trip, but this last weekend we happened to be set up in an area with no TV or cell reception. So I had a chance to TRY the Furrion system more extensively. I emphasize, TRY.

On our first trip, after screwing around for 30 minutes or so, I finally got a DVD to play…..in black and white. After the second trip, and after reading a post in the Owner’s Group, I discovered the setting on the TV has to be “AV”. On the last trip, we were able to play a DVD.

Now, on this last trip I tried to tune the radio. When the Furrion is off, the display shows the time….starting at midnight and going from there (can’t figure out how to set it). Once the unit is powered up, there is no display. It is quite hard to attempt to tune in a station when one has no ides as to what band is on or where on a band one is. I tried resetting it at least a half-dozen times. No display. After a couple of hours over multiple attempts, I gave up. I didn’t try violence….beyond some good curses.

Now, the remote. 48 buttons on a 9 square inch face? With the labels impossible to read without reading glasses and a bright light? And, the buttons on the face of the unit? No better. I am an older guy….probably in the middle of GD’s marketing segment. Come on GD. This POS is not worthy of being in A Reflection.

Now, going to search the posts to find a decent replacement.
    2016 303RLS
    2010 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 Crew Cab, 3.73 axle ratio (now pushing 20,000 miles)
    Pullrite Superglide 16K
    Six five gallon fuel cans, converted away from CARB compliance, which reside, as needed, under my BAKflip G2

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We all know that GD builds a nice towable product, and offers better customer service than other companies. That is why they are selling so many units. But to poke a little fun at them. The electronics technology in Indiana seems to be a little bit behind the times. If they were offering computers in their rigs, they'd probably look something like this:

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That picture of that old computer is pretty funny. I would have to agree that would be something they would install.

Furrion's Story is this

More than anything, our passion at Furrion is to innovate – to engineer cutting edge technology of the highest quality for marine and specialty vehicle applications.

With offices and engineering facilities located globally, Furrion is able to engineer, manufacture and deliver technology to its customers more efficiently than our competitors. For us, as a company founded by engineers experienced in developing safety products for the marine industry, the joy of doing business would be lost if we didn't challenge our team to improve consumer lifestyles by constantly creating better products. That's why we make a commitment not only to leading the industry in competitive pricing, but to leading the industry in engineering, creativity and quality.

But their end product is not that great (junk?). I was told by Grand Deaign, they continue to use Furrion, because they are real easy to work with (on there end) with warranty related issues. But that still leaves a lot to be desired by us, the end users. I've made it a point to replace what I can in my unit that is furrion, with something so much better.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand the setup, I think it sounds like garbage.. I'm considering a car head unit and a sound bar for the TV.
    2015 Laramie 3500 MegaCab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
    Aisin | 4.10 | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/...75d6a83b_n.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Namlehse View Post
    I can't stand the setup, I think it sounds like garbage.. I'm considering a car head unit and a sound bar for the TV.
    Sound bar for the tv will make it so much better. I went with the LG sound bar and wireless subwoofer (hidden behind the sofa) and it's just right now. Course my Furrion TV was acting up, so Grand Designed allowed me to purchase a TV that I liked and paid the actual cost of the new tv and to ship the bad furrion TV back. Now the TV is so much clearer and easier (and faster) to find Over the Air Channels.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Sound bar for the tv will make it so much better. I went with the LG sound bar and wireless subwoofer (hidden behind the sofa) and it's just right now. Course my Furrion TV was acting up, so Grand Designed allowed me to purchase a TV that I liked and paid the actual cost of the new tv and to ship the bad furrion TV back. Now the TV is so much clearer and easier (and faster) to find Over the Air Channels.
    What's interesting is it seems they're dumping Furrion, at least in the Momentum line, and going with TCL.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not mistaking, I think the TCL is made by the same people who make Ruku Boxes
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense. It's practically a Ruku tv and almost same control.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion, same cheap crap as the Chinese tires. Disappointing.
    Mark and Janell aka Blue Moon Explorers
    2015 RAM 3500 4WD CTD CC Dually Aisin 4.10
    2015 Momentum 380TH
    Salida, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you get when you combine Furrion with innovate? Infuriate. Coming to an RV near you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast