Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wax coating?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wax coating?

I'm picking up my 337 in a couple weeks. at the camping show the dealer offered me a protective coating that is supposed to eliminate waxing and protect the finish. It's $1800. Anyone ever have this offered, or had it done? I think it is called ResistAll. worth it or not? any comments?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stepped up to the plate and had our toyhauler protected. They said no waxing for 5 years. The interior was also done.

Ask for more info.

Here is info from the http://www.ctpc.com/products/resistall-ng/ site.

"Warranty Coverage*
    When you purchase ResistAll from your dealership, you are also protected with a strong warranty. All exterior painted surfaces on your vehicle are covered up to 7 years, depending upon your coverage. It also covers painted bumpers, side view mirrors, and original factory-installed spoilers and painted body side moldings. And the interior protection covers food and drink stains, fading, cracking, gum, inks and dyes, lipstick, makeup, crayons, urine, vomit, blood, pet stains, and some punctures (less than ¼ inch). You can have confidence that we will repair affected areas and make it convenient for you – through your selling dealership, or even through one of our nationwide mobile technicians.*"

Here is another wax thread.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...of-our-317-RST
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about this Resistall, but question regarding the warranty quoted above. It says guarantees all painted surfaces on your vehicle. We have gel coat or color infused fiberglass and decals, not paint (except maybe front cap). I would check, and get in writing that this warranty applies to these surfaces also.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If something sounds to good to be true.....
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant say for sure on this one but know for fact that car dealers either try to sell or just tack on additional cost and say you have it and if you don't want it, too bad. According to someone I know who works at such a dealership, the only thing you get is a nice fat charge and a coat of wash/wax that goes for $20 at any auto store and you spray it on connected to your hose.

I use washwaxall twice a year whether it needs it or not. Water beads up and rolls off and has a nice shine. Takes me about 4-6 hours to do the whole coach. just finished 3 application out of the kit and still have 2/3 of the gallon jug left yet.

http://washwax.com/mop-kit-internet-special.html

http://www.yelp.com/biz/caltex-prote...atings-schertz
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Cant say for sure on this one but know for fact that car dealers either try to sell or just tack on additional cost and say you have it and if you don't want it, too bad. According to someone I know who works at such a dealership, the only thing you get is a nice fat charge and a coat of wash/wax that goes for $20 at any auto store and you spray it on connected to your hose.

I use washwaxall twice a year whether it needs it or not. Water beads up and rolls off and has a nice shine. Takes me about 4-6 hours to do the whole coach. just finished 3 application out of the kit and still have 2/3 of the gallon jug left yet.

http://washwax.com/mop-kit-internet-special.html

http://www.yelp.com/biz/caltex-prote...atings-schertz
    Thanks to this forum. I ordered washwaxall last week and it arrived yesterday. I couldn't wait to try it out, so I thought I might just do the back of the camper. It was a much easier job than I had imagined and in just over 2 hours I finished the entire camper. I could not believe how much buildup was present on my camper, this stuff seemed to cut right through it. My daughter helped, and she kept running her hand over the sides saying she couldn't believe how slick it made them. I will order the wet/dry mop for the next application, as I only bought the basic kit with the terry cloth towels, and I think I used more product than you, as I went through two spray bottles to do my 37' TT.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TENN22, the mop is awesome. My guess is you went much heavier than you needed to. We just finished up our 1st gallon waxing twicw a year. Have had the Reflection 2 years.

The one thing I can't find on their website is if it has any of the UV protection like other quality waxes. Or if it strips off any other protective wax coats that may be on.
    Never gave that much thought until we spent 4 months in FL sunshine.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My experience with the same product was extremely disappointing. Within a year of purchasing my new Cougar High Country in 2011, the front cap faded. I took it to my dealer who reportedly contacted Resistall and they flat out declined to do anything other than pay my dealer to "buff it out" which actually made it worse with new swirl marks in addition to the return of the fade witin a wash or 2.

I did not purchase any protection package with my new 337 but am a devoted wash/wax all user.

My .02

YMMV
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS