Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question for those that plan to insulate their garage -

How are you planning on doing it? I was thinking a bottom skin of coroplast or thin aluminum, then reflectix, then 1" to 4" of foam block insulation (size dependent on height available). Anyone have a better plan? It gets skinny in the gas tank area and I don't think anything more than a 1" block foam will fit. Might have to use fiberglass batts in that area and squish them in.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JMHO...I don't think the areas with the fuel tanks should be sealed. There is probably a reason they don't do it.

It is 32 degrees out right now and walls in my 385 garage are colder than the floor. The thick wood in the floor seems to do pretty well.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of insulating the floor with the spray foam stuff. But drop the fuel tanks and spray above them. This way I can get to the fuel tanks as needed. There is plenty of room between the floor and tank to do this.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i plan to use foam board insulation attached to the underside of the floor, in multiple layers to seal around the floor joist. I will make removable panels were applicable, otherwise permanently installing the board in locations where maintenance requirements are basically non existent. once all the foam board is installed, i plan to use uhmw or coroplast sheeting to cover it all up.

The fuel system will not be enclosed, as the storage tank is not carb compliant, and thus is externally vented. there is plenty of room between the tanks and the floor to get insulation in there. I replumbed our offload fuel pump to draw from either the genny tank or the storage tank, giving me 60 gallons of capacity instead of 30.... we do not have a genny installed in our 388, but the fuel system is mandatory as is gen prep... so i made it work to our advantage...
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All excellent ideas. I was looking online and it appears peeps have skinned the tank area and used vents for air flow. That's where I got my original idea for skinning the entire garage belly but it seems overkillish with the possibility of having some vent issues as well.

FWIW - My wife bought a heated rug on Amazon for the garage and it works pretty well but is a power hog. We haven't used it much as the South Padre Island area of Texas was way to warm for it but it would be perfect for snow country. In Santa Fe right now and I would guesstimate its raising the overall garage temp 10 degrees at night with a warm and toasty floor.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to lots of pics from you RJ!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be waiting awhile. it's NORRA season now, and our jeep needs attention too... added insulation weight be looked at until late this summer or early fall

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First solution which can I suggest, is that you can buy a small electric infrared heater which you can place it in zone 3.
    Second option is that you have done your insulation work which I think is costly solution.
    By the way you can check there Fahrenheat FUH54 240-Volt heater which will be perfect solution, you can check more details right there about best portable electric garage heater reviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solution

First solution which can I suggest, is that you can buy a small electric infrared heater which you can place it in zone 3.
    Second option is that you have done your insulation work which I think is costly solution.
    By the way you can check there Fahrenheat FUH54 240-Volt heater which will be perfect solution, you can check more details right there about best portable electric garage heater reviews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12