Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soon-to-be new 303 owner; questions

i plan on mounting a swing-out TV bracket in bed room on the wall right where the mount sticker is. What size flat screen is acceptable? Is the mounting plate behind the wall substantial enough? I will always take the TV off when traveling. Also, I will be doing my walk through next Tues, how long should it take?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed a 19" flat screen in ours, it weighs a little over 5#. This is our third tv in the bedroom and have never removed one for travelling. The mounting plate on ours appears to be aluminum as I got metal shaving when I drilled the pilot holes. You should plan to spend at least a couple hours on the walk thru, make sure every feature and system is demonstrated and tested. Retract/extend all slides, awning, test the A/C and furnace, the refrigerator should be working and cold, the water heater should be working on 120V and tested on propane, light the stove, test the microwave, TV, radio/DVD/CD, all lights, rear stabilizers, water pump, fireplace. Just make sure all your questions are answered.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, the mounting plate is a steel product and not aluminum. You can located the plate with a magnet. Our walk through took all day due to a very poorly coordinated plan by our dealer. But we got through it.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I downloaded a delivery inspection form from another forum, RV Dreams, the author stated to plan on 6-8 hours running through everything. He said most dealers don't like the customer being that thorough. The spreadsheet is pretty intense in looking at everything, but as the author and others even here have found out once you sign off you are at their mercy. Prior to signing off they will bust their chops to get it right.

I plan on utilizing the spreadsheet as a guide when I pick ours up in May.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mattmck--see attached link with my post #6 on another thread dealing with the same question. We have a 24" LED/DVD player on our BR mount. Seems I recall someone mounting a 32".......weight is the main concern and LED TVs are relatively light. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ment-on-303rls

I would encourage you to contact GDRV Customer Care team with other TV weight/mounting point (and other) questions....they are excellent to work with ! 574 825 9679

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide