User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Toes in the water;62276]Don--I know what you mean about getting the morning outdoor cold water shower !!! My wife was taking in the slide on the minihome and I was watching outside due to being close to some branches not wanting them to get caught. It was after this that I started the cleaning option. Being a classic car guy I have always taken excessive care of my stuff ensuring clean, dry, etc........overboard for the RV stuff, probably so. HoDan,wever, an upside is that when I have sold any of our vehicles, RVs, boats, etc., we have always gotten more than top book and sold W/I days.

I mounted a 7" fiberglass step ladder using rubber tie downs to the underside of the basement storage so it is essentially out of the way. Same with the push broom just to the front compartment roof. I found that in the last few years, climbing to the roof using the rear ladder and walking around the roof is not as exhilarating as it once was !!!

Dan,
    Any chance of getting a picture of how your ladder is mounted?
    Rick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rick and Annie
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
    6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer wanted to charge me $2000 for 4 slide covers--regardless of the size.

They can be ordered on Amazon relatively inexpensive, and they're just not that hard to install.

If I camped all the time I've have'em. But we don't put that much time in our camper over a year's time to where they'd be a worthwhile investment.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had them on all three fifth wheels we have owned. They work great to keep the slides clean. I never have to climb up to clean them off when we get ready to leave. The pine needles in the Sierra Nevada's make a mess without them.

John

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Kuestick;103774]
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Don--I know what you mean about getting the morning outdoor cold water shower !!! My wife was taking in the slide on the minihome and I was watching outside due to being close to some branches not wanting them to get caught. It was after this that I started the cleaning option. Being a classic car guy I have always taken excessive care of my stuff ensuring clean, dry, etc........overboard for the RV stuff, probably so. HoDan,wever, an upside is that when I have sold any of our vehicles, RVs, boats, etc., we have always gotten more than top book and sold W/I days.

I mounted a 7" fiberglass step ladder using rubber tie downs to the underside of the basement storage so it is essentially out of the way. Same with the push broom just to the front compartment roof. I found that in the last few years, climbing to the roof using the rear ladder and walking around the roof is not as exhilarating as it once was !!!

Dan,
    Any chance of getting a picture of how your ladder is mounted?
    Rick
    Rick--here you go with three pictures I took last summer for the forum in another post......hope this helps. I use a black rubber strap wrapped around the bottom of the ladder on each end hooked into two 1/4" holes I drilled at each end into the insides of the upper basement roof aluminum cross 2" X 2" members which run front to back.......this way you do not see the holes. Some days I wish I would have drilled on the other side so I could see when hooking back up but using "feel' on the back side is not the challenging (yet !)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160706_100612.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	7547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160706_100600.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	7548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160706_100429.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	7549

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan. That gives me some ideas.
    Rick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rick and Annie
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
    6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with whoever said Toppers are a personal preference. I like them on the living room slide simply to help keep the sun off the top of the slide. I'm a bit younger, so dont mind climbing up on the FW prior to leaving to sweep off both the Topper and the other slides that dont have a topper. Also, prior to pulling in the slide I generally raise or lower the front of the trailer to let gravity deal with most of any water on the topper. I will say that with my first trailer we never had any issue with "flapping" in the wind. With this second unit this topper tends to flap in moderate to high wind situations. I suspect that this topper will not last as long as our first unit.
    Joe & Kim Procter
    2016 Refection 303RLS
    2011 Ford 250, 6.7L Diesel 4X4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased three Carefree Ascent Toppers and installed them this past weekend on our 380TH and we are waiting to take it out and see how they work. The Ascent product has a cover over the roller to protect the fabric from UV and It also could be problematic with debris if it gets between the roller and the shield when retracted so I guess I will continue to sweep them off. Our reasons for adding them is the added protection during a rain event and the solar reflection before it hits the top of the slide-out on the hot summer days.
    Joe and Brenda
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Our Second Home is a 2015 380TH
    TV is a 2017 3500 Silverado DRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12