User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slide mechanism

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibill View Post
    You do that from inside the trailer, right? Can you tell if the slide is all the way out from inside........(all of the electric slides)?
    The electric slides make a noise, kind of a whirring noise when in motion. You will know when the slide is fully extended or retracted. Hold switch for a 3-5 seconds after the noise stops. The hold the switch for 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving is per Lippert.

You migh find this video helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking rig.......how does the SRW 350 handle the load?......how long did you tow with the E's they put on at the mfg?
    It does really well. First off, stability just isn't an issue. I've traversed twisty Colorado passes and driven in 30mph crosswinds and it feels very sure-footed.

The truck sits level with the pin weight. I do feel some occasional harsh hits on certain bumps. I know I'm not hitting my bump stops, so maybe it's the overload spring contacting the other springs. Not sure.

I bought the camper with the G614s as a factory option so no input on the Westlake tires.
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will just offer that the 6.4L in my 2010 F350 is a little weak for the 350M. I sure could use the ~20% more power the newer trucks have. But structure-wise I'm happy with the SRW one-ton...
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cb1000rider
    I have heard some negative feedback on the Schwintec electric.......what are your thoughts?
    That's what I've heard too, that they can be temperamental about timing... Still, I think I trust that design over the cable-based slides.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
    I will just offer that the 6.4L in my 2010 F350 is a little weak for the 350M. I sure could use the ~20% more power the newer trucks have. But structure-wise I'm happy with the SRW one-ton...
    Hello pg_rider. Dont know if you have done this or not but if you take your truck to a diesel performance shop and have them do a DPF and EGR delete as well as install a tuner and cold air intake, it will be a night and day difference in the power of the truck. I am speaking from personal experience. Its much cheaper than upgrading to a newer truck especially if you have no other issues and are happy with your current truck. I have a 2012 F-250 lariat I did the delete and tune to mine and I will never own a diesel again in the future without doing this. It makes a big Difference.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XRAYPipeliner View Post
    Hello pg_rider. Dont know if you have done this or not but if you take your truck to a diesel performance shop and have them do a DPF and EGR delete as well as install a tuner and cold air intake, it will be a night and day difference in the power of the truck. I am speaking from personal experience. Its much cheaper than upgrading to a newer truck especially if you have no other issues and are happy with your current truck. I have a 2012 F-250 lariat I did the delete and tune to mine and I will never own a diesel again in the future without doing this. It makes a big Difference.
    Colorado has diesel emissions tests so no delete possible. And that's a slippery slope regardless, even if your state doesn't test....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12