User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slide mechanism

Gibill

Slide mechanism

New to the forum and rv'ing.......would somebody please tell me whose slide mechanism Grand design uses for their slide outs in the momentum series
    Thank you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert - a combination of electric and hydraulic.

For example the 350M: the bedroom slide is electric - Schwintek made by Lippert and two slides in the main area are Lippert hydraulic.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general the "heavy" slides ( i.e. the kitchenslide w/fridge and stove and the sofa slide) will be hydraulic, whereas the lighter slides (like closets) are Schwintek electric.
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gibill
    Thank you, Colan
    So you and your wife have the 350m? How long have you had it? What do you put in the garage when u travel? My wife and I are soon retiring and eager to find the right TH. Inquiring minds want to know......LOL. Been to many shows and trying to get the real low down from the experienced owners......a little more valuable info than from the salesmen

Gibill
    I have heard some negative feedback on the Schwintec electric.......what are your thoughts?

Gibill
    Nice looking rig.......how does the SRW 350 handle the load?......how long did you tow with the E's they put on at the mfg?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read the Schwintec slides can be temperamental IF you don't treat them correctly...

You need to run the slide completely out (or in) and continue to hold the activating switch down for a couple seconds after the slide reaches full extension...

Other than that I hear they're pretty reliable...
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A CC LB 4WD
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    VIN: 573FR332XG3305974
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibill View Post
    Thank you, Colan
    So you and your wife have the 350m? How long have you had it? What do you put in the garage when u travel? My wife and I are soon retiring and eager to find the right TH. Inquiring minds want to know......LOL. Been to many shows and trying to get the real low down from the experienced owners......a little more valuable info than from the salesmen
    We purchased the 350M in July, 2015, we were out thirteen or fourteen weekends through the summer and fall. Great unit, no problems worth mentioning, nothing that I couldn't fix in a few minutes. One of the attractions of a toy hauler for us is the garage is effectively a mud room. Camping can be dirty and muddy at times. Also like the fact that the only carpet in the unit was in the bedroom and the floor of the slides. Our toys are fairly small and light by some standards, bicycles. Bicycles that you wouldn't want hanging on a rack and wandering off with help from someone with sticky fingers.

A downside to the layout of the 350M and many other brands and models of toy haulers is the lack of a table in main area. Yes, there is the portable free standing table but we didn't find it particularly useful.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Gibill
    You do that from inside the trailer, right? Can you tell if the slide is all the way out from inside........(all of the electric slides)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibill View Post
    You do that from inside the trailer, right? Can you tell if the slide is all the way out from inside........(all of the electric slides)?
    We have rack n piņon on two of our slides... They "chatter" when they reach their limit... Easy to tell... Not so easy to make sure the slide isn't making contact with some errant tree branch...

One of us stays inside and works the buttons... The other walks around outside watching the slides move... We stay in contact with each other by GMRS radio...
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A CC LB 4WD
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    VIN: 573FR332XG3305974
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast