Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC duct question

Does anyone know if the 3 Air Conditioners are connected to the duct work in the M-Class? or is it just the main one in zone 2? There does not seem to be any noticeable air movement through the ducts when the Garage A/C of fan is on. I would like to run the fan with the dehumidifier going in the garage to circulate it through my rooms using the duct work.
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same question . Took the cover off the front A/C , opened the foil tape on the duct side and it was not connected . I assumed the back A/C was the same . I have the 328M .

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank coopedw, I was going to do the samething this weekend. Kind of sucks, since it is so loud to have them on in the room your in. Ducting would really help if your a full timer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 380th w/ 3 AC's we have great duct throughput from the main (zone 2) to the bedroom and none to the garage. Took all 3 apart to check ducts and all was in order. It did not look like there was any ducting from zone 2 to the garage and I suspect that's because the garage AC is an add on ducting isn't built in to the forward zones.

The garage ducting from the AC to the 4 outlets does not work very efficiently either. Most likely due to the angle the air enters the ducts. We have to keep the main duct open to cool the garage to any appreciable degree. Yer right it sounds like a blast furnace so we keep the fan on low most of the time when working back there to minimize the noise.

Edit- the bedroom AC will push a reasonable amount of air to the main living area if all ducts are closed. That works fine when watching TV in the evening but shut it down before you go to bed. Bedroom will be an ice box... I like to sleep cold but my wife hates it.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 380TH IS totally ducted to all 3 zones. If we need 2 units and are in zone 2, I'll typically run zones 1 & 3, shutting the ducts in the bedroom. When we go to bed T night we usually run zone 2 with the bedroom ducts open. Less noise but cool air. Basic on C&H's comment, it may be a hit or miss proposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 385 is fully ducted also. All 3.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that means I am tearing apart the garage AC again to find the blockage! Is your guys garage ducted from zone 2 into the front part of the garage AC facing the living room? I have a solid piece there blocking flow but it almost looks like a shim board to make the AC fit a bit more snugly.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all ducted out the sides. You may have one of the ones that was taped over. Check the sides.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - the garage AC is ducted to the sides to supply air to the 4 air outlets in the ceiling of the garage. What is lacking is a duct from zone 2 to the rear so there is no air transfer between zones 2/3. Essentially, on mine, zone 3 (garage) is a stand alone unit that has ducts supplying only the garage air outlets.

How does zone 2 feed into your garage? What am I missing here?

I appreciate the help because I can't see or feel where any air is diverting from zone 2 to 3. Would love it if we could run zone 2 and feed the garage.

Side note - how are the JoyRide shocks working out? Looking at different systems to take some of the trailer jolt and rebound out.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, not sure what is going on with yours but mine blows in the bedroom and living room when I turn the a/c on in the garage. All three feed into the "racetrack" ducting.

Joyriders are doing great. We were on a bumpy road today with the Fiat in the back and the joyriders settled the bouncing right down. Very happy with them.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast