User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 303 height ?

denham45

303 height ?

So I was just curious , my 303 is in for repairs right now but when I pulled up there shop was only 13'6" and they said my trailer was to tall to go under. Is the true ? I don't have to measure and was just a little curious , since we have been on plenty of toll roads that said max 13'6" . Does anyone have measurement of their 303 with second a/c on bedroom ?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is right at 12' 6" on the truck.
    2016 303RLS
    2010 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 Crew Cab, 3.73 axle ratio (now pushing 20,000 miles)
    Pullrite Superglide 16K
    Six five gallon fuel cans, converted away from CARB compliance, which reside, as needed, under my BAKflip G2

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone's fifth wheel will measure at a slightly different maximum height - even if the same exact models are compared. This is due to several factors, but mainly the height of the truck bed. There can be quite a difference in the height of a truck depending on it's make, model, configuration (250/2500 vs. 350/3500, 2WD/4WD, wheel and tire sizes, etc.), and year. The maximum height on a fifth wheel is at the front which is most impacted by the height of the truck/hitch setup. In addition, there are things like bedroom ACs or vents to be considered. The only safe thing to do is get a measurement of your rig while on your truck on a level surface.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although this is an old thread, it’s the one that popped up on my search for 303 height

I finally measured mine and I am at 12’ 10” with the Coleman 13,500 bedroom a/c.
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Everyone's fifth wheel will measure at a slightly different maximum height - even if the same exact models are compared. This is due to several factors, but mainly the height of the truck bed. There can be quite a difference in the height of a truck depending on it's make, model, configuration (250/2500 vs. 350/3500, 2WD/4WD, wheel and tire sizes, etc.), and year. The maximum height on a fifth wheel is at the front which is most impacted by the height of the truck/hitch setup. In addition, there are things like bedroom ACs or vents to be considered. The only safe thing to do is get a measurement of your rig while on your truck on a level surface.

Rob
    If the trailer is level, the height of the truck bed is not relevant. If there are no mods on the trailer suspension the only difference would be the model year, tire size, and second air conditioner. In other words all unmodified 2020 303RLS with a second Colman 13500 btu air conditioner, hooked up and level should be pretty much the same height.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    If the trailer is level, the height of the truck bed is not relevant. If there are no mods on the trailer suspension the only difference would be the model year, tire size, and second air conditioner. In other words all unmodified 2020 303RLS with a second Colman 13500 btu air conditioner, hooked up and level should be pretty much the same height.
    That would be true except for the fact that it’s virtually impossible to tow many rigs level because of truck height. My 303 is 13’1” dead level, but I can’t tow it level or it would be right above the rails.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    That would be true except for the fact that it’s virtually impossible to tow many rigs level because of truck height. My 303 is 13’1” dead level, but I can’t tow it level or it would be right above the rails.
    I guess it depends on the model year and make of the truck and trailer. Carefully looking at my setup, I could probably lower the hitch about an inch. I have 8 1/2" of clearance, so lowering it an inch would not be a problem. It's very close to level, so before making any changes I will have to check it out in a few more places.
    It's hard to find 50' of level ground to check it out.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Very few people are able to get a trailer perfectly level - thus there are slight differences.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Very few people are able to get a trailer perfectly level - thus there are slight differences.

Rob
    That's true, for me it is difficult to tell if the trailer is actually level. Unless you have a perfectly level concrete pad large enough to park the truck and trailer how could be sure that the trailer is level?
    I think a person would be able to see feet, but 2 or3 inches would be hard to tell.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider