Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical Power - Only 1/2 breakers have power

We just took possession of a 2016 367BH Reflection on March 24. This is our first 5th wheel - we had a TT and a popup prior to that, so I understand that there may be some glitches with a new Unit.

We took the 367BH out this weekend for the maiden voyage. Once we had everything set up -- the 6 point level system worked great -- we noticed that the outlets in the LV room did not work - upon further investigation found that the Reefer, Microwave, TV, and NONE of the outlets had power. Check the GFI plug in the kitchen - it had not power.

Checked the feed on the pole with a multi-meter and both legs of the 120VAC had power.

Checked the feed into the Main 50A breaker 1 leg had 120VAC and the other had NO Power. Called dealership but could not diagnose over the phone - will have to take it in.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? Is there anything we perhaps could've checked?

We also discovered 2 big leaks at the very back of the coach - either side of the couch above the windows -- had a big rain on Saturday night. I hope this is not indicative of the experience we can expect.

We chose GD over other manufacturers because of the quality and service as testified to by owners, and in fairness, it is too soon for CS to respond since this occurred yesterday. We are hoping that these issues can be resolved quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you check the female end of the 50 amp power cord for 120v to each leg? Might be defective...

Visually inspect the male connection at the twist lock...

Whatever the issue is... It's probably something incredibly simple... The hard part is finding it...

Regarding the leak...water runs downhill so I wouldn't necessarily assume the leak is back there... One vent part way open could reek havoc in a downpour... again... A simple fix... If you (or your dealer) can find it...
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A CC LB 4WD
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    VIN: 573FR332XG3305974
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tobywon,

Follow the power step by step. Do you have both legs at the trailer end of the power cord ? If not, it is a bad cord. If yes, it is a poor connection at one end or the other of the cable from wall inlet to main panel. From your description so far, you can solve this .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the replies

I checked continuity of the cable, I believe that it is good. I agree that it is somewhere between the plug at back of unit and the main breaker feed

Will have to keep tracing, do a continuity from plug to breaker , did not have a wire long enough to reach while at the RV park.

Going out now to check the vents .....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the female plug connected to the RV is twisted in and tight.
    2016 303RLS
    2010 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 Crew Cab, 3.73 axle ratio (now pushing 20,000 miles)
    Pullrite Superglide 16K
    Six five gallon fuel cans, converted away from CARB compliance, which reside, as needed, under my BAKflip G2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, do the Reflections have transfer switches or do they go direct from the plug to panel?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Rob, do the Reflections have transfer switches or do they go direct from the plug to panel?
    Direct from plug to panel on Reflections, since there is no factory provision for a generator, there is no transfer switch.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Direct from plug to panel on Reflections, since there is no factory provision for a generator, there is no transfer switch.

Rob
    That's what I figured, but thought you'd know better than I.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobywon View Post
    We just took possession of a 2016 367BH Reflection on March 24. This is our first 5th wheel - we had a TT and a popup prior to that, so I understand that there may be some glitches with a new Unit.

We took the 367BH out this weekend for the maiden voyage. Once we had everything set up -- the 6 point level system worked great -- we noticed that the outlets in the LV room did not work - upon further investigation found that the Reefer, Microwave, TV, and NONE of the outlets had power. Check the GFI plug in the kitchen - it had not power.

Checked the feed on the pole with a multi-meter and both legs of the 120VAC had power.

Checked the feed into the Main 50A breaker 1 leg had 120VAC and the other had NO Power. Called dealership but could not diagnose over the phone - will have to take it in.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? Is there anything we perhaps could've checked?

We also discovered 2 big leaks at the very back of the coach - either side of the couch above the windows -- had a big rain on Saturday night. I hope this is not indicative of the experience we can expect.

We chose GD over other manufacturers because of the quality and service as testified to by owners, and in fairness, it is too soon for CS to respond since this occurred yesterday. We are hoping that these issues can be resolved quickly.
    Hi @Tobywon,

Could you add your 17-digit RV VIN to the "About Me" section of your forum profile and then reply back to this message to let me know when that is done? Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Janice

I have added the VIN

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast