User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Jean & Marty

Battery and the Battery cut off switch

We have just purchased a 303RLS and don't want to leave it plugged in at the house, at this time. How long will the battery charge last without the RV plugged in and the battery cutout switch turned off?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jean & Marty--the answer seems to be a moving target. When our battery disconnect switch is off, our battery does not lose charge. In fact I reported about a year ago, after storing for the winter (about 7 months) the battery was at 3/4 charge according to the RV monitor which was the same as when we put it in storage. The front jacks/lights/etc. all powered fine.

However, there seem to be more stories with units built after ours and more current builds where the battery seems to lose charge after several days or a few weeks. I am still not certain what has changed among builds and among different GDRV product lines/models, but there are several thoughts posted that it may be the propane alarm among other items.

As others have suggested, if you have other positive terminal wires hooked to your battery not part of the battery switch On/OFF switch that may be a place to start and determine what may be taking juice. Suggest contacting GDRV Customer Care as well and get their feedback.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery could go dead in less than a week due to items on board that the "disconnect switch" doesn't disconnect (propane detector, stereo, etc.). Best bet is to disconnect one of the battery cables if during storage.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Jean & Marty
    Thanks to everyone who responded. My wife and I have decided to leave it plugged in 24/7 while at home

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to GD couple days ago, and he confirmed that the CO2 sensor and radio drain down the battery. Mine was dead after one week. I'm gong to look for wires coming off ahead of the switch and rewire them to after the switch. IMO the disconnect should kill all power. thats why its there. Plan on sending a comment to GD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought... With the exception of the radio (which I assume remains connected to keep station presets and current time) the other systems which remain connected are safety items... I could see where someone could inadvertently shut off the switch while rummaging around the basement... Or have the switch fail from normal use... I'd want to have my trailer brakes active in such a case and have my CO sensor working if the switch fails...
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A CC LB 4WD
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    VIN: 573FR332XG3305974
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe something like this on the NEG. side. Easy install and no rewiring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cut off.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	4333
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_ster View Post
    I talked to GD couple days ago, and he confirmed that the CO2 sensor and radio drain down the battery. Mine was dead after one week. I'm gong to look for wires coming off ahead of the switch and rewire them to after the switch. IMO the disconnect should kill all power. thats why its there. Plan on sending a comment to GD.

The factory cannot wire CO2 detectors and emergency breakaway cables through a battery cutoff switch due to safety reasons.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M