User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Pressure - using fresh water tank & pump?

Just returned from a great camping weekend for the spring NASCAR race at Bristol. The water pressure this trip seems very low especially in the shower and sink in the bathroom, using the water pump. Other than the two races at Bristol all my camping is at full hookup place so maybe I am just not remembering from last August when I last used the water pump, but this was really weak. It was hard to take a shower.

What are others experiences with using the water pump regarding pressure?
    Where is the water pump on a 2015 303? Is it behind cabinet door beside the refrigerator?
    Has anyone replaced the water pump that came with their unit with a more powerful one?

Thanks in advance!
    Angela - West Chester, OH
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS #690
    2015 GMC Denali 2500 HD 4WD 6.6L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angela--there have been reports on a few threads on this site of low water pressure mostly on Reflections as I recall. Seems as though designed restrictions in faucet assemblies can limit flow where several owners have removed the restriction or replaced the faucet. There have also been reports of small pieces of debris entering the water lines during construction/assembly limiting flow. We do not have and never had slow water flow with our 303. Using the pump or direct water hookup, the flow on our 303 seems consistent with all our previous RVs. Certainly not as great as our home but not a problem.

The water pump (on our 303 and I trust the same for yours) is mounted on the floor right behind the rear basement panel in the area behind where the water/electric hookup utility center is. Just remove the few screws from the basement panel and the panel comes right out to reveal the water pump, and maze of plumbing lines, electric wires, furnace, and more !

It seems the first thing you may wish to do is check connections at faucets/head assemblies/etc. for obstructions and then check to pump connections particularly the intake side where water is pumped from the water tank.

Maybe someone here who has experienced flow issues and fixed it will also provide advice.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide