Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KANT LEAK VALVE WHAT A JOKE Grand design needs to step up and replace

Listen- to anyone who is looking at a Grand design unit, if it has a Kant leak system RUN AWAY AS THEY ARE JUNK AND G D JUST KEEPS PUTTING JUNK BACK IN

here is our store,
    Purchased the unit October 2015 and during PDI we noticed the valve was leaking water into the Fresh water tank!!! Dealer ordered all new stuff and Grand design sent them updated parts etc. to fix, So we agreed in was winterized lets wait till spring and fix it and check it, that way no issue with freezing or re winterizing, I was OK with that as we had no plans to use trailer.

Move to March 2016, call dealer hey lets get this done as I have a Trip April 20th and want to make sure it is 100%. No problem, drop it off at dealer and they replaced everything and serviced unit to my request and away we go.

Unit sat at my home about 2 weeks, and over this past weekend I thought go through it 1 more time, and make sure we are ready for our 1st of 7 trips. We are excited as we had a Forest River piece of crap for 2 years we bought new and it drove us nuts.
    So we spring clean, make the beds, stock it up, run the generator etc. all good, wife say's we should run water to make sure!! so 1st I open filter housing and see antifreeze, I am like they did not test this valve, so we hook it up and even use the 40 PSI water pop off valve etc, and BOOM within a minute the valve is gushing water in basement of trailer!!!!!!!

By now I am livid 65K for this all I heard was GD is the best etc. This piece of crap is starting no better than the FR turd we had, again We are to leave Wednesday the 20th
    So I call dealer and take it up Saturday evening, send GD personnel and dealer email explaining my true dis pleasure and want answers, I know they moved all 2016 to the Pegasus valve system, WHY? because these don't F ing WORK AND GD NEEDS TO UPGRADE US!!!!

so GD overnights all new stuff again, arrives lunch today, dealer works as hard as possible to get it done, this is in no way a dealer issue but shitty parts issue, and they just called and guess what THIS DAM VALVE LEAKS TO!!!!!
    Really GD what the hell is going on? What are you going to do to address this? WHY ARE WE NOT MOVED TO THE NEW SYSTEM< AS YOU KNOW THESE SUCK, ARE YOU JUST HOPING OUR 1 YEAR WARRANTY RUNS OUT AND WE GO AWAY, DAM PEOPLE WE BOUGHT INTO AN IDEA THAT YOU MADE THE BEST, YOU HAD THE PEOPLE AND SERVICE SECOND TO NONE. WELL NO HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHOW IT OR RUN AND HIDE.
    QUESTION 1 WHO IS PAYING OUR HOTEL ROOMS NOW?
    QUESTION 2 WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO NOW SEND ANOTHER KANT LEAK? KEEP THAT JUNK, WE AS CUSTOMERS WITH THESE DESERVE MORE!
    QUESTION 3 WHAT ABOUT THE POOR DEALER, THAT GUYS WAS SCARED STIFF TO CALL ME, HE DOESNT DESERVE THAT!

Grand Design we need to here from you on this issue, as I am not the type to fix my own stuff, I bought and paid huge money because of all I heard about your company, dealer steered me that way after the mess I had with 2 brand new FR work and plays and I am sure they are ready to cry.

Poor dealer right now is trying to remove one from a stock unit, but they had to test it for leaks first, are you kidding me, I am in the Automotive industry and this is un heard of. The dealer is breaking its back to get me done, overnighting anything is not going to work you are out of time.

what now GD WHAT NOW???????????
    Brett and Christine,
    Brett and Christine
    2015 328M
    2013 F 250 super duty diesel
    2011 Suzuki Hayabusa drag race bike
    2009 Harley Davidson Street Glide mine
    2003 Harley Davidsin Night Train.hers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brett and Christine,

I understand your frustration, I too had a bit of a rocky start with my rig. You posted in two sections of the forum that GD does not monitor, I might suggest that you move your post to the Tech Corner section, as GD monitors that. If you get no satisfaction, reach out to Don Clark at Grand Design, he will want to hear your story and make it right.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Mike
    thanks I moved it to Tech corner,
    man this pisses me off come on get us good stuff,
    dealer is trying to pull one out of a stock for sale unit trying there best to get me on my trip
    Brett and Christine
    2015 328M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, give a call to ownership...they are very accessible, and want to hear about these things. I am assuming you are dealing with Tom Schaeffer's. Good folks there.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes Tom Schaeffer's.
    any special number to dial, I spoke with service at GD, and they just keep wanting to put same junk back in, 2 new updated valves already failed, never left dealer, why would I want another?
    Brett and Christine
    2015 328M

Iowa Doughy42
    Not liking the sounds of this. Get a new Solitude tomorrow after 2 years of a FR piece of crap. Thought GD was suppose to be good. I will be sure and check that in our PDI tomorrow.
    I have read the Kantleak was bad.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Brett,

We hear your frustration . . . loud and clear.

But, I think you have different problems mixed into this.
    When a Kantleak valve fails, it sends water (or opens a vent) to where it is not supposed to. The water tank fills when its not supposed to or the pump won't draw water . . . that sort of thing. Sounds like your original "failure" was this . . . unfortunately, not uncommon.

Water "gushing into the basement" is not a problem inside the Kantleak valve, it is a leaking/broken/not connected piping connection to the Kantleak valve. You have a dealer changing parts . . . multiple times. I think you should at least "consider" that your dealer technician is in over his head on this.

I would echo what Big Mike says . . . contact GDRV directly and give them a chance to resolve this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brett - I'm sending you a PM with some contact info for GD.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep you got a defective dealer disguised as a Kantleak valve. A switch to decaf and a phone call to GD should fix things.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was up late today and the valve itself blows water out one of the tubes, past and O ring etc. the valve itself is bad, and GD service dept. had had this issue, Dealer doing all they can, they are not rebuilding a valve they keep getting a whole new set up. and I have seen multiple threads were it does just this, some were on this sight.

never the less this is BS with all the smoke around these valves there is fire, they are junk, I go tomorrow AM as they installed another one and said it works, I am going to make them fill the tank run the pump everything,
    Brett and Christine
    2015 328M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast