Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon to be new 27RL owner....

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

We signed the papers on a new 2016.5 27RL and should take delivery in the next couple weeks. This is our first 5'er and we are excited to get out in it. The wife and I both started in tents when we were young and love spending time in the outdoors, but as we get older, its nice to have some luxury to take along with us. Eventually, as an adult, I bought a 2002 Coleman popup which was a huge improvement over sleeping on the ground. Last year we bought a 2004 Thor Fury 29' toy hauler to haul our motorcycles. Its very spartan inside to say the least and not having a walk-around bed was horrible. At the time we bought it, we had looked at the Reflection as well and fell in love with it but didn't want to part with the $$ at the time. The time was right and when we went to kick tires last weekend, they had the 27RL on the lot and again fell in love with it. So much more luxurious inside and a lot of room. Its just the 2 of us the majority of the time as the kids are grown.

Have been looking around here and looks like lots of great people, stories, and advice. Every time we went out camping over this last year, we always checked out the campgrounds for Reflections. I'm sure we will be doing that more now and hopefully meet some great people along the way.

See you out on the road and around here!
    Pat and Stacey

2016 Ram 3500 Limited CCLB DRW, 6.7 CTD, Aisin Transmission, 4.10 rear end, 80 aux fuel tank, 18k B&W Companion hitch, AMP side steps, TRex custom grill, Bully bar with LED bar
    2016 1/2 Reflection 27RL Build # 07535
    2004 Thor Tahoe Fury 29FTB (Gone)
    2002 Coleman Laramie popup (for sale)
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/...pscvsxklnm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the family! Yes, you will definitely be looking for other Reflections in campgrounds now. There is more and more Grand Designs out there everytime we go out it seems. Two years ago, when we got ours, we rarely saw another GD. Now we see multiple ones most of the time.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a 2015 27RL and love it. We are traveling from Mi to Ca at the moment. We find ourselves looking for other GD owners. Have spotted several on the highway this time and once met up with another GD owner when we went to TN. We always look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete & Katie View Post
    We own a 2015 27RL and love it. We are traveling from Mi to Ca at the moment. We find ourselves looking for other GD owners. Have spotted several on the highway this time and once met up with another GD owner when we went to TN. We always look!

Im glad to hear you love your 27RL. Have you found out anything new about this model since you've owned it? Anything particular that I should be aware of or watch out for? I dont see too many people with this model on here.
    Pat and Stacey

2016 Ram 3500 Limited CCLB DRW, 6.7 CTD, Aisin Transmission, 4.10 rear end, 80 aux fuel tank, 18k B&W Companion hitch, AMP side steps, TRex custom grill, Bully bar with LED bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have only had one problem and that was with the valve stick ink on the black water side. My poor husband got splashed. It happened twice. Another RV owner told us about an adapter which we did purchase because we are on the road and don't want to stop and wait for a dealer to fix it. We have had no pr

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops. We have had one other problem with the furnace constantly cycling. We took it to the dealer and it was fixed that day. I believe they installed some sort of shield. That time we did call GD and spoke with Dave who was very helpful. Wish I could be more specific with this but ... My best advice is to call Customer Service at GD if you have any problems at all. They are great! Happy travels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have only had one problem and that was with the valve stick ink on the black water side. My poor husband got splashed. It happened twice. Another RV owner told us about an adapter which we did purchase because we are on the road and don't want to stop and wait for a dealer to fix it. We have had no pr

I did notice when I was playing with the docking station, that the black water valve wasn't as smooth in and out as the other ones were. I will have to make sure the dealer checks that before I leave with it. Thanks for that info!! What is the adapter you bought?
    Pat and Stacey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The box is already gone. We went to an RV parts store in Lincoln, Nebraska and the guy knew right away. Sorry. I think it was $25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The box is already gone. We went to an RV parts store in Lincoln, Nebraska and the guy knew right away. Sorry. I think it was $25.

Thats ok, still great information. Much appreciated. Im just anxious to get it home and start getting it loaded and setup

Safe travels to you two. Dont be afraid to say hi from time to time, us 27RL owners seem to be a minority at the moment on here
    Pat and Stacey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast