Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HDMI Cable from living room to bedroom

I want to put something like a home theater PC, DVD player, Blu-Ray player etc in my 2150RB. I am thinking about running an HDMI cable from the living room TV area to the bedroom and thought maybe I could run it inside my cabinet over the stove but would need to drill a passthru hole in the wall to the bedroom inside the cabinet. Now for the million dollar question..... How do I know where a good place would be to make the hole? I don't want to hit any electric etc.....

Thoughts?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this product in my conference room. I works great for presentations and video calls. Not sure how it will do with streaming movies.
    https://www.iogear.com/product/GWHD11/
    Greg & Mary - Rhode Island
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z-71 5.3L 4x4 AME HD transmission

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itgoes211 View Post
    I want to put something like a home theater PC, DVD player, Blu-Ray player etc in my 2150RB. I am thinking about running an HDMI cable from the living room TV area to the bedroom and thought maybe I could run it inside my cabinet over the stove but would need to drill a passthru hole in the wall to the bedroom inside the cabinet. Now for the million dollar question..... How do I know where a good place would be to make the hole? I don't want to hit any electric etc.....

Thoughts?
    Maybe this will help. Many RV inspectors have special tools that allow them to see things behind walls. There are also many tools out on the open market that would allow you to do the same. You can take a look see that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperDesigno View Post
    I use this product in my conference room. I works great for presentations and video calls. Not sure how it will do with streaming movies.
    https://www.iogear.com/product/GWHD11/
    Greg,

I wonder if there will be issues if neighbors have one.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of us have suggested that the factory offer an option to install HDMI cables (1 each) from the entertainment center to each location where a TV is installed in the trailer. That way you could hook up a matrix distribution amplifier and route anything to any TV or combination of TV's.

We had the dealer do it for us before delivery - I provided the cables to them. When I saw how they did it, I wished I had done it myself. Plus, one my cables (I gave them two to go to one location), somehow disappeared.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We now have these IOgear devices in all of our conference rooms with no issues. Most of our conference rooms are side by side or back to back, they work off different frequencies and multiple channels.
    Greg & Mary - Rhode Island
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z-71 5.3L 4x4 AME HD transmission

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperDesigno View Post
    We now have these IOgear devices in all of our conference rooms with no issues. Most of our conference rooms are side by side or back to back, they work off different frequencies and multiple channels.
    Greg,

I just read the specs a little closer and these can do DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS)). I think DFS will detect conflicting RF channels and select a different one.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that's correct. The same company made a Bluetooth RS-232 interface that worked over reasonable distances to eliminate RS-232 cables, and they worked pretty well.

I wanted to reduce RFI in our trailer as much as possible, so I used good cables.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    I believe that's correct. The same company made a Bluetooth RS-232 interface that worked over reasonable distances to eliminate RS-232 cables, and they worked pretty well.

I wanted to reduce RFI in our trailer as much as possible, so I used good cables.
    RamGunner,

Do you know the max length HDMI cable spec?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go over 50' you may have issues, but I've used 25' and 35' cables (good cables) without issues. Let me go pull the link for what I used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast