User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astresing

Auto Leveling Takes a Unit Off Ground

My DH and I are brand new to RVing and we're struggling with what seems to be a pretty steep learning curve. I had no idea there was so much to know. We bought a Reflection 337rls about 1 week ago. The first time we used the auto leveling was in our driveway which slopes slightly down hill. The auto leveling took the back tires completely off the ground by inches. We were able to manually level the rig and got everything loaded up for our first camping trip. We went to a nearby state park and attempted to auto level again. The same thing happened. The back of the trailer lifted completely off the ground. There were some very unpleasant and scary noises. I hope nothing was damaged. We were able to lower the rig back down and use the manual controls to level things out. What are we doing wrong? We're both afraid to use the auto leveling again. This trailer is brand new! Did we break it already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had tires off the ground several times, so far no problems
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Astresing
    I'm continuing to read other posts where people have had this happen. Apparently, it's pretty common. Makes me wonder how you chock the tires, if they are up in the air

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I've had tires off the ground several times, so far no problems
    +1 It usually happens to us on one side.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't chock tires when off the ground. Either use timbers under tires or don't worry
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same thing happend to us last week after we picked up our new 303, we wondered too but were to tired to worry.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same issue when we got our 369RL. Manually level the camper and then follow the calibration procedure. Follow each step in the manual exactly and your problem will be resolved. Good luck.
    John and Lisa
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1849
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not uncommon to happen but you can resolve the issue when it happens by switching to manual and adjusting the height of the unit.
    Rick & Judy
    Travel Companion (Silky Terrier) "Missy"
    2016 Ford F350 SRW 6.7 Diesel 4X4
    Reflection 303RLS
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch
    HAM CALL (WD8PPW)
    East Central Ohio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to manually level and do the calibration, and it was good after that. Read that you have to have front end above level before you start auto level.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having this same issue with our new 337rls. Also have a slight slope in our concrete driveway - sloping down to the back. We tried 4 different times starting completely from the beginning by hooking up, pulling forward 10-15', backing up and unhitching (we needed practice at this since it's our first FW). The first two times we didn't have the manual out. The last two times we followed the manual to a T. The front auto leveled fine. When we went to then let the rear auto level it started picking rear tires right up off the ground, and yes the first time we got the big bang from the suspension on round 1 (then we got a little smarter and stopped it as soon as we saw it start to lift on the next few tries). We put blocks under the rear jacks. Didn't help. The 4th try we just leveled it using the manual mode until the panel showed 0.0 for both front to rear and left to right. The nose was about 6-8" too low and it was WAY out of level. So we need to recalibrate the system for sure (which I just read about on here a few minutes ago). We ended up using the system and a good old fashion level to get it level the old fashion way. Maybe after we recalibrate the system that will help our "tires off the ground" issue. Will keep trying.
    2017 Ford F350 dually, Anderson Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2016.5 Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast