User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    LizzyLyons

Question Help! I can't find the breaker...

Good afternoon all! We have been experiencing problems with the auto-leveling system on our 2015 Solitude 379FL. Basically there appears to be no power to the control panel - no lights come on and the the jacks don't move. We have replaced both batteries. Prior to changing the batteries the slides would not operate, but work fine now. The Lippert tech on the phone told my husband to check the breaker by the battery, but we have looked until we are scabby-eyed, and neither of us can find it! Is there anyone out there who can tell us (or even better SHOW us) where it is? We are both really new to RVing and this is the first rig of any kind that we have owned. It is a steep learning curve! I know there is a wealth of knowledge out there...

Thank you for any help

Liz Nikolaisen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Liz,
    Follow the positive battery cable. It should go into a plastic box that is screwed to the wall. Remove the screws hold the box and the breakers will be inside. Some breakers may be self re-setting, others will have a small black button on one end. Push it to reset.

John

BTW...Welcome aboard! Glad you're here.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is in the front compartment, curbside on the back wall. It has a plastic cover
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

LizzyLyons
    Hi OldGuy and LCBoyer, and thanks for the replies. My husband has spent over an hour in the front compartment taking covers off stuff (!) and following OldGuy's directions, he removed the black cover from the back wall that the positive battery cable goes to. We are both certain there are no breakers in there. I'll try to upload a photo. We're thinking maybe they just weren't installed at the factory? We have the schematic for the Lippert 6-point system and it is very obvious where the breaker SHOULD be, but it just isn't! At this point, we are awaiting a reply from Grand Design. Thanks again for the help, and I'll keep you updated. Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160509_173013828.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those little boxes that the wires are connected to are the breakers. Some of them will have a tiny reset button on the end. The positive cable is connected to a buss bar. The buss bar is connected to (in your case) 6 different breakers. The small black button pictured on the end is the reset button. Not all of the breakers will have a button. Some are self resetting. When they cool off they will reset themselves, if the tripping condition still exists, they will trip again.

John

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I looked, they were not using breakers, but there was a fuse holder for the landing gear.

I think it was a 15 amp fuse.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

LizzyLyons
    Good morning, and thank you for all the advice Long story short, OldGuy's photo of the breaker REALLY helped. My husband went to the local RV dealer and bought several of the breakers to replace. He also, just to keep it on hand, bought a 10 amp fuse. We had already checked the fuse, but just for S&Gs he changed it out...and voila! EVERYTHING WORKED!! So, I guess the moral of the story is change the cheapest part first (26 cents); or to put it another way, when you hear hoofbeats, don't look for zebras Totally coincidentally, the fridge and freezer now work perfectly...

We continue to learn on our journey - thank you for being our traveling partners!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the follow up. Glad everything worked out well for ya.

John

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liz and hubs glad it all worked out! Welcome to our great group of people who know a whole lot about everything. Believe me--even after owning for 3 years it seems like we are learning something every time we go out!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016