User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GOBB61

Awning rolling in with light breeze

This was a surprise. On our first outing with our 328M Momentum the wind picked up to around 15mph and the smaller awing over the garage personnel door began to roll up on 1 side. Later the large awning started doing it as well, No problem I called the dealer and he said sounds like a weak strut, made sence to me. So after dropping it off last week I called to check (because the never call you with an update) and was told that nothing was wrong just to roll it up with any wind and in the rain. I have had several TT and I know with heavy or gusting wind to roll in the awning but for 10-15 mi wind never did. In Fl or along the coast we almost always have a breeze. Based on their advice the awning would never be extended. Anyone else experience this issue?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the same issue with mine. I have to roll it up as soon as it starts flapping.
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put tie down straps on mine to keep them from flapping in moderate wind. They are not taut and holding it down, but keep it from popping up in mild winds. If winds get above about 15mph, I undo the straps and retract the awning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our first trip in our 350M we had a wind come up and was rolling in the large awning and the arm bent double. No warranty due to wind so almost $700.00 later we had a new arm and are shellshocked about extending either awning.
    Benny and Valinda w/ Dakota (canine)
    2016 Momentium 350M
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 3500 DRW 8' bed 6.6 Duramax w Allison
    B&W Companion RVK3500 20K FW
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just took delivery of a 376 here in Tampa. Spent the night in Tampa at Lazy Days, then proceeded to Sanford to a camp site(we both work and I travel for work) there for a week to check out the new digs. We put out both awnings on Sunday upon arrival and left them out. Yesterday my wife came back at lunch to let the furry kids out and went back to work, came back after work to do some things and left again. Imagine my surprise when I get a call from her in tears because the short rear awning is collapsed. We had a very mild summer drizzle with very little wind (less then 10mph). After seeing this thread I believe GD may have an issue with their awnings.

After a call to the dealership and then GD they agreed to pay for parts but not the labor.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are supposed to handle 20 MPH winds but I NEVER leave mine un-attended. When they start flapping, I roll them in.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James,

Do you know if your awning was manufactured by Carefree?
    Benny and Valinda w/ Dakota (canine)
    2016 Momentium 350M
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 3500 DRW 8' bed 6.6 Duramax w Allison
    B&W Companion RVK3500 20K FW
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benny,

Yes it was. After looking at it today, I'm surprised that they do not use a heavier gauge metal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a brand new 2017 350m the 2nd time we used It we had a very light breeze, ( I had a easy up 10x10 tent set up and not even tied down). I ran inside and right back out to see both of my awnings laying on the roof and all four arms buckled. We were in a field with about 20-30 other trailers and mine was the only one. My wife contacted carefree and even the gentleman there told her the new longitude awnings are weak. I contacted my dealer and they got with grand design and carefree and they are covering all my arms under warranty. When I took the trailer in the dealer said they have 5 other trailers with the same issue. I'm gratefull they are covering them but hope carefree can find a solution. I'm going to be very gun shy to use them again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 Momentum 376TH. After only having it for a week, the rear awning broke during a rain. We are being told this is not covered under warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast