Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, okay, okay! I will stay with the Kant-leak since it's held up for 2-1/2 years! BTW, I can't possibly see how you could spring a leak with this:

My water alarm is installed and waiting......

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you might have the only Kantleak valve that has held up! We are still looking for the one owner that HAS NOT had issues with wheel bearing seals!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe there needs to be a sensor inside brake drums to detect runny grease, or heavy oil!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually another member here complely removed the KantLeak and installed his own system using common plumbing fixtures available at any big box home improvement store. He provided info. on how anyone can do it. That to me is a better way to go. Using valves and connectors designed for stick built homes that have greater water pressure and from known nationally recognized manufacturers is generally better than a cheaply built RV spec'd piece of ..... Having had 2 separate leaks with the KantLeak ("O" ring failure and leaking at the plastic "T" fitting, I have no confidence in this system unlike a few others. It's just a matter of time before those "O" rigs fail again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    Having had a 350M with the Kantleak valve (and no problems) and currently a 397TH with a Nautilus I prefer the Kantleak. This will probably sound silly, but with the Kantleak it is easy to understand what is going on or happening from a water flow standpoint. With the Nautilus it is not self explanatory, the documentation is horrible, just set the handles to this when you want to do that.

I'm a scuba diver and I don't do "trust me" dives. A "trust me" dive is just following a dive partner without the proper training, equipment or understanding and hoping everything turns out right. Turning four handles to a certain position without an explanation of what each handle does feels like a "trust me" dive. At least with the Kantleak the knobs/handles were labeled and it is obvious what each handle is doing.
    They're just diverter valves. Turn certain combination of the valves changes the flow of water. Not really a "trust me" thing, just understanding what the valves do. The custom built one a user put up on her is almost the same thing (he designed prior to the P1).
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Chuck (Clsfly) is correct. Bashing Anderson for "Kantleak Valve failures" that are really leaks in the plumbing connections done by GDRV, is not a fair condemnation of this supplier. Yes, for sure, they have had failures internal to their valve. The Kantleak single valve is far less complex to operate than the Nautilus multi-valve system. I (for one) am quite happy with my Kantleak valve arrangement.

Rob
    Agreed, My Kantleak issues I think were caused by GDRV QC issues. During the repair on mine I have hopefully mitigated a possible leak of my shower on Reflection 303 RLS.

I had a T leak on the hot water bypass side. I think it was caused by the hose that goes to the center of the T was hard against the shower drain trap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160502_143112.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	4508

3 tries to get if fixed. 1) tried Teflon paste to seal leak, worked for that leak but started leaking on the center of the T fitting. 2) talked to Anderson and a replacement T not available, they suggested GDRV or buying a new unit (I'm out of warranty, they did send me a new 4 way valve insert NC). I got a PVC T from Homedepot sanded off about 1/16" off both ends so same length as old T. 3) Started leaking on other side of T. Probably my fault being conservative on tightening the plastic fittings. Tightened a bit more, now no leaks.

When doing this I replaced the plastic PEX to 1/2"NPT that goes into the T with brass and shortened tubing so plastic T at other end was not jammed into shower drain. Now the proud owner of pricey PEX clamp tool and some blue tubing. I am really good at dis-assembly and assembly now.

Also had to fix the switch on the KantLeak panel for LED lights for under bedroom probably caused be the leak.

Name:	20160502_150530.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	4513

While under there found out why heater was not putting out heat like I thought it should. The heater duct interface for the large hose was hanging down because someone set the thing in sawdust so the aluminum tape did not stick to duck.

Name:	20160504_162712.jpg 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	4514

Notice how the hole in the duct is much smaller than the duct interface. Should these be the same size?

Just couldn't catch a break! Every time I open something up it seems like I find something that needs attention. I hope they take all this input and apply it towards perfection.

BTW, I have used Anderson Brass valves on few different design projects and they have been great.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patwardell View Post
    Agreed, My Kantleak issues I think were caused by GDRV QC issues. During the repair on mine I have hopefully mitigated a possible leak of my shower on Reflection 303 RLS.

I had a T leak on the hot water bypass side. I think it was caused by the hose that goes to the center of the T was hard against the shower drain trap.

Name:	20160502_143112.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	4508

3 tries to get if fixed. 1) tried Teflon paste to seal leak, worked for that leak but started leaking on the center of the T fitting. 2) talked to Anderson and a replacement T not available, they suggested GDRV or buying a new unit (I'm out of warranty, they did send me a new 4 way valve insert NC). I got a PVC T from Homedepot sanded off about 1/16" off both ends so same length as old T. 3) Started leaking on other side of T. Probably my fault being conservative on tightening the plastic fittings. Tightened a bit more, now no leaks.

When doing this I replaced the plastic PEX to 1/2"NPT that goes into the T with brass and shortened tubing so plastic T at other end was not jammed into shower drain. Now the proud owner of pricey PEX clamp tool and some blue tubing. I am really good at dis-assembly and assembly now.

Also had to fix the switch on the KantLeak panel for LED lights for under bedroom probably caused be the leak.

Name:	20160502_150530.jpg 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	4513

While under there found out why heater was not putting out heat like I thought it should. The heater duct interface for the large hose was hanging down because someone set the thing in sawdust so the aluminum tape did not stick to duck.

Name:	20160504_162712.jpg 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	4514

Notice how the hole in the duct is much smaller than the duct interface. Should these be the same size?

Just couldn't catch a break! Every time I open something up it seems like I find something that needs attention. I hope they take all this input and apply it towards perfection.

BTW, I have used Anderson Brass valves on few different design projects and they have been great.

Pat
    If you're in there to repair that, I'd change that out and put a starter collar on there...Just my opinion.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    If you're in there to repair that, I'd change that out and put a starter collar on there...Just my opinion.
    Curtis,

Good input... I just cleaned everything off (replaced tape) and taped it back up. I was not sure if the hole was that size for a reason (tuning air flow) or what. Maybe a project at a later date. Not to much room to move in there to work with tin snips, maybe a nibbler will work. I need to investigate further to see if that is the output hose or the return hose (larger hose so I suspect return).
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am one who has not had any issues with either the Kantleak or the overall plumbing in general. I have carried a spare valve insert, provided free of charge from Anderson, for a year now but haven't needed it. I do think I may install some moisture monitors, like so many others have, but only because I always need something to do

Wasn't so lucky on the leaking seals front though.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the installation doc for the Nautilus system and after reviewing it I think I'll stick with the Kantleak also. It is not a plug and play fix, a total PEX tubing removal and replumb nightmare, more valves (5 vs. 3) that look like they are all plastic.
    Tried to attach the PDF but need to research how to do that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast