nautilus install document

I think I have the PDF attachment figured out
    Attachment 4515

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    I downloaded the installation doc for the Nautilus system and after reviewing it I think I'll stick with the Kantleak also. It is not a plug and play fix, a total PEX tubing removal and replumb nightmare, more valves (5 vs. 3) that look like they are all plastic.
    Tried to attach the PDF but need to research how to do that.
    Chuck,
    I took a look through the Nautilus Installation info that you found . . .
    Yikes! That makes the Kantleak installation look rather simple .
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As several have mentioned, the drip leak at the plastic T between the valves in the Kantleak panel is entirely on Anderson. This is part of their assembly, but all the other connections are made at build by GDRV. That T can be replaced with a $7 brass part from any plumbing store. I posted exactly how to do this a while ago. I replaced the fitting to Pex on the back of the T with a Sharkbite fitting. These are reliable "insert to seal" fittings that can be disconnected if required.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kantleak Repair.pdf  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup....not sure how my 2011 Sundance ever worked. You hooked up the hose and turned on the spigot. Need fresh water in the tank stick the hose in the fill hole! Complicated is not always better.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that the thread on the plastic fittings were a different size than the valve. They were very close, so were hard to detect. They would leak though.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The problem is that the thread on the plastic fittings were a different size than the valve. They were very close, so were hard to detect. They would leak though.
    The threads on the 4 way valve to the T looked like they may have been straight threads NPS and not pipe threads NPT. The thread from the bypass valve looked to be NPT and bottomed out in the original T so could not get it tight enough.

When I talked to Anderson about going to Homedepot and getting a PVC T the only comment they had was "If once they are threaded together and they don't fit the panel because they are to long, cut the panel to fit". The T should be 2.25" long that's why I cut a 1/16" off each end and when I was done, it fit the original holes when I was done.

I think the way Rob did the fix is a better method as long as the T is not to long.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Steve and Sara
    We bought our 2015 337, slightly used, from a dealer, and by golly the first time I try to use city water, the on board tank fills to overflow and no city water to use. By coming to this forum as a guest I was led to Anderson Brass and a very nice fellow who not only sent me the replacement valve free, he told me the dealer could not possibly have not known about this problem because it is so common. Said Anderson had attempted to get all the manufactures they sold to to use brass valves but none would pay the additional cost. He told me the new valve he sent, about March 1 2016, was slightly redesigned and should be better. As a precaution I open a faucet to release pressure on the system before turning any of the valves.
    Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One has to wonder what the profit margin is on these KantLeak systems. The warranty claims must be extraordinary between providing new panels to manufacturers and valve cartridges to end users for the asking. If I was a manufacturer of a product and my customers refused to install or provide the specified parts, I'd have to think twice about continuing, unless of course there was such high profit margins built into each unit to compensate for the warranty repairs. Of course that doesn't address the hit to the reputation of the manufactuter which can't be measured in dollars.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After talking with an old RV repairman, he stated the KantLeak valve system has been around for many years, used in many mid to high end older motorhomes. Even went so far as to explain that the biggest failure is due to O-rings coming unseated due to valves being turned with pressure on the system. Guess KantLeak (Anderson) has been around longer than most realize and their products are out there and working.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far the valve is still good after a year, I did have to fix a drip at the connection to the valve, a slight drip. I found it was goobed up with pipe dope, so I took it apart and cleaned up pipe dope and put on teflon tape, so far so good! I am keeping my fingers crossed as I read about all these failures.
    Steve & Bunny
    Michigan
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123