User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone 2 Temp

Brewbadger

Zone 2 Temp

I got a question on the reading of Zone 2 temp.. The Bedroom Zone 1, I see the sensor. The garage is Zone 3 and I see it.
    Zone 2 is supposed to be the thermostat itself. It is located pretty close to the bedroom Zone 1.

Zone 1 is reading 72. Set at 72
    Zone 2 is reading 82. Set at 73 but have moved to 78 and it is still running.
    Zone 3 is reading 74. Set at 74

How can one adjust the sense reading for Zone 2. I put a fan on the unit and it dropped to 77... I notice that the sun is beating thru the window right at the thermostat unit. I blocked it and it dropped to 78.

Is there something in the unit that can be adjusted?

Thanks,

Quick update.
    Zone 1 reading 69.
    Zone 2 reading 76.

It is so cold that I am going with Zone 1 being correct..
    They are literally 5 feet from each other...

Moved Zone 2 up to 78 to shut off aircon..
    Mike

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike, your 380 should be very similar to my 385. My thermostat is in the bedroom and the zone 2 sensor is in the living room on the wall backing up to the bathroom. I take it that is not what you have. Could it be mis wired or are you thinking the thermostat is bad?

You might also want to open up the sensor covers to be sure the sensors are pointing out. One of mine was kinda crammed back against the wall.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Brewbadger
    Jim,
    Updated profile. I took a beating and upgraded to the 399. Pretty much love the unit, but as all rv's there are quirks.

I am assuming that the thermostat is serving as the Zone 2 temp probe. It is just around the corner from the bedroom zone 1 sensor. But is reading about 10 degrees higher.

I will open the thermostat and see if I notice anything.
    Just inquiring if anyone could confirm that the thermostat is indeed serving as probe 2.

Thanks for the reply..
    Mike

Brewbadger
    Okay, removed thermostat from wall, just looking at a circuit panel.. Put back.
    It is like 69 in the unit.. but zone 2 is reading 78 and just kicked aircon on again.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, good luck... sumpthin is screwy
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Brewbadger
    Small update. On the 399 the thermostat is located in the small hallway right as you go up the stairs into the bedroom.
    There is a window that faces the unit. As best as I can tell, the heat from the window and the sun shinning thru the window heat the unit giving it a false high reading. Blocking off the window and putting a fun circulating the air brings the temperature differences from the other zones more inline.
    Not sure about a long term solution. I can block the window but having a fan in the way isn't a long term solution.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I put in a ceiling fan in my living room an it helps a lot with both heating and cooling. It really helps equalizing the temps in the different areas of the trailer.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey brew , mine is doing the same thing in zone 2 . I do believe the a/c is not working . It sounds like the compressor is running and pulling 13 amps but there is no cool air coming out . So it is going to the shop next week . Prior to the last couple of camping trips it worked just fine .

Brewbadger
    After the shop visit, I would like to know what your Zone 2 is reading compared to the other zones. My Zone 2 aircon is working great, but Zone 2 temp control reading is off, causing the Zone 2 aircon to run almost continuously.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey brew , just got my rv back from the shop . They replaced the a/c in zone 2 . Camper is under the shed and it is cloudy and rainy here at 85 degrees. So , zone 2 a/c is the only one on and the vents are open to the whole camper . It is set at 74 on both programs and the inside temp in that zone is 74 . The other zones are 71 . Hope this helps .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast