Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Road Trip - Shakedown Cruise

Just got back from our initial shakedown, and the 337 was great! A couple of minor issues, one self caused, the others just minor inconveniences really...Went over to Brownlee Reservoir on the Idaho/Oregon border, a couple of hours away. It's a fishing campground, so lots of boats and close-in parking, like you can't really even open your awning. Trailer towed great, but brakes felt a little weird. When I got it parked and leveled, I noticed what looks like oil, but is probably grease all over the outside of the 4 wheel hubs, so that is likely going to need to be reworked at the dealer.

The self caused grief was locking BOTH sets of rv keys IN the coach...ouch...we do have AAA with RV protection, so we had to wait about 2 1/2 hours, but a locksmith finally showed up and I didn't have to drill out the locks in our brand new 5th wheel.

While we were waiting for him, there was a loud pop, followed by a loud hissing noise that we all thought was a tire, but turned out to be the propane switch unit, the plastic indicator showing red/green for tank level had failed and popped off, and we lost quite a bit of propane, but got the tanks off and had no issues after, other than not being able to use the stove/oven (good thing we camp in packs)... Last thing is when taking a shower, we noticed that they failed to silicone the OUTSIDE of the shower rail where it meets the shower enclosure, and this allows a fairly decent amount of water onto the floor, which then runs under the wall and soaks into the bedroom carpet...easy fix actually. Last thing, the remote for the Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD is very inconsistent about working, so we'll have to get that replaced, but when we operated the console manually, everything worked, we were happy with the sound (both inside and out) and the picture quality, even without HDMI.

Other than the minor issues reported here, we had a great time, my wife loves the cabinets, especially in the kitchen that she can reach, and the island and pantry. I was really happy with the self leveling, and the towability of the trailer in general, and we love the layout, we have one more slide in this than we had previously. Need to get right on a couple of these things cause we have a plan for Memorial Day in a couple of weeks!
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

2016 Reflection 337RLS (Piper's new dog house that she condescends to allow humans to inhabit occasionally)
    2016 Dodge RAM 3500 Shortbox Mega Cab 6.7L Diesel SRW
    Mopar (Ha! Curt) 25k Hitch

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...pswxidsicb.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!! Glad you had a good time despite a couple minor setbacks
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALWAYS a good time in the camper!!!
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

2016 Reflection 337RLS (Piper's new dog house that she condescends to allow humans to inhabit occasionally)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had fun. Really looking forward to our maiden voyage Memorial Day weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a set of keys hidden in case of a lock out on all our vehicles. I was a scoutmaster years ago and we were camped 2 hours for nowhere and one of my assistants locked hers keys in the car. 6 hours later, the locksmith showed up.

My wife and I are headed to NE Oregon for Memorial Day Week (I always take a week off then). We will be somewhere near John Day riding the scenic roads in that area plus checking out the Sumpter Flee Market on Sunday. We also are thinking about going up to O'Sullivan Sportsman Resort in Othello, Washington for a few days.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had a great maiden voyage despite the few minor setbacks. We took ours out this weekend too for our maiden voyage. Will be posting about that shortly. Love the GD!!
    Pat and Stacey

2016 Ram 3500 Limited CCLB DRW, 6.7 CTD, Aisin Transmission, 4.10 rear end, 80 aux fuel tank, 18k B&W Companion hitch, AMP side steps, TRex custom grill, Bully bar with LED bar
    2016 1/2 Reflection 27RL Build # 07535
    2004 Thor Tahoe Fury 29FTB (Gone)
    2002 Coleman Laramie popup (for sale)
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/...pscvsxklnm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goad to hear you had a good trip. I can't believe they are still not sealing the shower door track all the way. We had that issue way back in April 2014. Easy fix, yes, but should've been corrected at factory by now.
    At least you're getting your greasy brakes issue over early. Lippert claims only a one percent failure rate. Yeah, right!
    337 really is a great camper though, you will love it. We have for over two years now. Enjoy.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i too locked my self out our 303 but i had a window that did not latch properly and i got in that way.
    now i also have a hide key.
    glad you enjoyed your GD.
    happy camping

Todd
    Todd & Wendy
    Blossom Valley Ca,
    2 King Charles Cavaliers
    Firesian & Quarter Horses
    2013 Ford F-350 Lifted
    2016 Reflection 303 w/reese goose box
    1932 Ford Cabriolet
    2013 BMW R1200GS
    2013 Dodge Yellow Jacket
    Still Working :cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    We have a set of keys hidden in case of a lock out on all our vehicles. I was a scoutmaster years ago and we were camped 2 hours for nowhere and one of my assistants locked hers keys in the car. 6 hours later, the locksmith showed up.

My wife and I are headed to NE Oregon for Memorial Day Week (I always take a week off then). We will be somewhere near John Day riding the scenic roads in that area plus checking out the Sumpter Flee Market on Sunday. We also are thinking about going up to O'Sullivan Sportsman Resort in Othello, Washington for a few days.

You guys will have a GREAT time in John Day, and Sumpter, if you make it over that far. We usually head there every year, anywhere from 3 to 6 couples and their various rigs, almost 10 years now. We stay in the Union Creek campground on the lake, and head in for some 'treasures' at the Flea Market...heading over in a couple of weeks...
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootbeer69 View Post
    i too locked my self out our 303 but i had a window that did not latch properly and i got in that way.
    now i also have a hide key.
    glad you enjoyed your GD.
    happy camping

Todd

We're working on the hide-a-key and also thinking about installing this http://goo.gl/lLHCoj along with having a hide-a-key (in case batteries or something else, fails)...
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast