Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey new 300GK owners. ..cost, sewer outlet, total height including bedroom AC.

So I'm gonna buy very soon. We've been driving south on I-5 from Seattle and stopped to double check things on the 300 GK at several dealers along the way. This leads to several questions. First, is it crass or somehow unacceptable to ask how much you Paid for your 300GK? I'm getting quoted MSRP of 84k down to 64k. Can I expect to get lower than that?
    Second, the sewer outlet is only 8" off the ground as it sits level on the lot. Any problems hitting and breaking that thing off? ?
    Third, I've only seen 1 with the bedroom AC unit installed and it didn't look like a low profiles unit to me. But it was a2017 with factory installed unit so I am just wondering what is the total height of the low profile unit versus the normal size units? And anyone ripped off you're AC yet?
    Scott

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As to the pricing I would say check with several dealers. About the time you think you are done check one more within a reasonable distance. Example, I was ready to buy here in Tulsa, but another member suggested another dealer that was within 100 miles. They came in about 14-15 thousand less for the same trailer. I haven't picked ours up yet, but we are getting a 375RE.

As to the other items maybe others will chime in.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTulsa View Post
    As to the pricing I would say check with several dealers. About the time you think you are done check one more within a reasonable distance. Example, I was ready to buy here in Tulsa, but another member suggested another dealer that was within 100 miles. They came in about 14-15 thousand less for the same trailer. I haven't picked ours up yet, but we are getting a 375RE.

As to the other items maybe others will chime in.
    We had decided GD was out of our price range until I stumbled onto that dealer, glad it worked out well for you! It's hard to find GD dealers willing to work with you on price, sadly these things sell themselves. I would be pushing for at least 60k.. probably more in the mid 50's. In the end, what matters is what you're willing to pay for something you want however. Find a price your happy with! If you aren't happy, then walk.

I have two sewers, and they bit sit really low. Another member posted a picture of a newer Solitude (Can't remember the line, I think it was the MB) that was realllly low. So far I haven't seen any issues. In my case, it would drag the jack before the sewer.

I'm right at 13' with the bedroom low-profile ac (Standard option on my monster 43' monster). No issues here yet.. I will say everything looks a LOT lower than it really is when you're towing one of these things.
    2015 Laramie 3500 MegaCab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
    Aisin | 4.10 | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/...75d6a83b_n.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, thank you two for the replies so far.. Seems funny to me that there are no 300 GK owners in the forum yet? or maybe they are out having too much fun to sit next to the computer.. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just ordered a 300GK last week, while its being built (6-8 weeks) we are researching hitch's, and every other item we are going to need. We can't wait, we have been drooling over the GD's for the past 3 years.

This forum has been a wealth of information specific to GD, we really appreciate all that have posted information, its been so helpful in making a number of initial decisions. Thanks everyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    82alaska, As far as dealers off of I-5 south of Seattle. I would suggest Blue Dog RV http://www.bluedogrv.com/ in Portland or Tri-Cities. PE in Fife will not work with you and they have less then acceptable service center. I bought mine at PE and they gave me the run around and did not test anything but held it for 3 weeks after I bought it. The great part was Grand Designs customer service is really great! I had a couple thing that should have been found on the PDI, that not only was not found but the dealer would not even return my calls. GD took care of the items within days. Congratulations on the soon to be 300GK.
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Friday is the day.! We pick upour new 2017 Solitude 300GK in Salem OR. Thanks to a great deal at Al's trailer Sales. Today I had a DEMCO 18K Autoslide hitch installed with an under the bed mounting kit. It looks great. Picture to follow. My tow vehicle is a 2015 Silverado 3500 HD Single rear axle, 4x4. It's a short bed, so the auto slide will come in handy. I hope there is enough slide travel.... we'll see. We live in Placerville CA, so we're in for a long drive tomorrow to get to Salem by Friday morning, but we're sooo excited we'll probably drive all night.. I havn't slept well for 3 nights just like a kid going to Disneyland!

We'll take some pictures and keep you posted.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 82alaska View Post
    Well Friday is the day.! We pick upour new 2017 Solitude 300GK in Salem OR. Thanks to a great deal at Al's trailer Sales. Today I had a DEMCO 18K Autoslide hitch installed with an under the bed mounting kit. It looks great. Picture to follow. My tow vehicle is a 2015 Silverado 3500 HD Single rear axle, 4x4. It's a short bed, so the auto slide will come in handy. I hope there is enough slide travel.... we'll see. We live in Placerville CA, so we're in for a long drive tomorrow to get to Salem by Friday morning, but we're sooo excited we'll probably drive all night.. I havn't slept well for 3 nights just like a kid going to Disneyland!

We'll take some pictures and keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 369RL, my sewer outlet was damaged on I70 several years ago when I drove over a trucker's mudflap thrown into my lane. I noticed it when I stopped for fuel. Lifestyle RV outside Kansas City did a great job on the repair. No problems since.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to our happy group!! Update us on how you like it so far!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast