Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draft around headboard on Reflection 303

We have continually experience drafts around the headboard on our 303. I have traced various points of air entry from the front cargo bay and hitch area. The main source of air infiltration seems to come in from behind the headboard cushion. Two wood panels meet behind the headboard cushion and feeling behind the headboard cushion there is a gap between them. Clearly, either there is no insulation blocking are coming up to this gap from the frontal area openings. From attempts to see into this area with my phone camera I cannot see any signs of insulation or a seal of any kind in the lowest area of the front end cap.

Does anyone know how the headboard is fastened into the panel? It appears to be nailed in with cushion headed upholstery tacks, but pulling without too much pressure does not seem to loosen the headboard. I don't want to pull too hard without knowing if these are tacks or some other fastener to avoid damage.

I need to remove it to at least seal this gap. The temperature around the gap area is about 10-15 degrees farenheit colder than other walls in the bedroom. I put up wi this last summer because we had a warmer summer than usual, bit it is annoying any time there is a breeze, even a light one. I assume that heat infiltration might be an issue also if I were someplace warmer than Alaska. I am hoping someone here has had occasion to remove the headboard panel and can provide some help a picture of the end of the headboard is shown. (Sideways, sorry.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	4535
    Tom and Tanya
    Live in Alaska, currently winter in Texas Hill Country.
    303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom and Tanya,

I do not know how to remove the headboard, but I can confirm that something is not right because we do not have this issue on our 303. This deserves a call directly to GDRV customer service. They will be able to put you in touch with someone who knows how to remove the headboard . . . and what you should find behind it.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to remove the headboard either but do have the same problem. We noticed it when parked into the wind at a place where the wind never quit. I could feel a draft coming out of both electrical outlets at the head of the bed. I figured it must be coming in around the hitch but I never bothered to really investigate.

Ron
    Ron & Nancy Ward
    2001 Dodge 2500/ 2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial thought is that the air is entering in hole where the king pin mounts. Maybe try putting the output from a shop vacation up in the area where the king pin mounts and see if you feel air around the headboard.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS