Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first Trip one minor issue.

We went out last weekend for our first outing. For the most part a success. Went to a state park for two nights. everything seemed to work good. Did burn the pizza. think maybe I need to warm oven longer before putting in. Cold nights, Friday left the heat off all night seemed to take quite a while for the trailer to warm up in the morning. Next night left fireplace on for about 5 hours, not as cold in the morning. Was surprised (guess I should have known) that the one gray tank was almost filled. Only 3 showers, on and off get wet, but gray tank filled. When dumping found out the handles were mislabeled. One black and gray mixed up. Will check tomorrow to make sure which is gray 1 and gray 2. Called GD, to find out the size of each gray. Both 37 gal. I was shocked that the gray for the shower and bathroom sink is the same size as the gray for the kitchen sink. Old TT only 1 gray, but it was bigger than the fresh tank. Knew that even if I emptied fresh, neither black or gray could be full. usually for weekends we like state parks, but are used to not having to empty a gray tank for 2-3 nights. Think GD should have a bigger tank for the shower. I realize that with a full hook up you can just go out and dump every day if needed.
    Guess I'll have to keep hauling my blue box, looks like I'll need it for weekends. Wondering do most of you keep a blue box with you, and where do you store it? My basement seems pretty full without it.
    Also does anyone know what size the lugs are on the 337? I think it might be metric, but my current metric set isn't large enough. My half inch drive regular seem to not fit.
    Going to add a shelf to the bathroom medicine cabinet tomorrow, and check out the black tank flush. Dump station didn't have a threaded end to put hose on, so don't know if it works.
    Also can't seem to get a picture to load with my posts, any suggestions?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 337, and I'll try to remember to check the lug size tonight when I get home.

Try laying a ceramic tile on the floor of the oven over the heating element. That will spread the heat out rather than having a hot spot. Also, use an oven thermometer. Those stoves are notorious for being wrong. Pre-heat well in advance.

We have small, inexpensive space heaters from Walmart that we use to heat the camper during cold nights. Better to use electricity that's already paid for than propane. We ran out of propane in the middle of a 15 degree night a couple of years ago, and that ain't happening again!

I have a honeypot for a few years now, and I've yet to use it. We strive to get sites with sewer whenever we are camping for more than a weekend.
    Steve Jewell
    2016 337RLS
    2014 RAM 2500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_ster View Post
    We went out last weekend for our first outing. For the most part a success. Went to a state park for two nights. everything seemed to work good. Did burn the pizza. think maybe I need to warm oven longer before putting in. Cold nights, Friday left the heat off all night seemed to take quite a while for the trailer to warm up in the morning. Next night left fireplace on for about 5 hours, not as cold in the morning. Was surprised (guess I should have known) that the one gray tank was almost filled. Only 3 showers, on and off get wet, but gray tank filled. When dumping found out the handles were mislabeled. One black and gray mixed up. Will check tomorrow to make sure which is gray 1 and gray 2. Called GD, to find out the size of each gray. Both 37 gal. I was shocked that the gray for the shower and bathroom sink is the same size as the gray for the kitchen sink. Old TT only 1 gray, but it was bigger than the fresh tank. Knew that even if I emptied fresh, neither black or gray could be full. usually for weekends we like state parks, but are used to not having to empty a gray tank for 2-3 nights. Think GD should have a bigger tank for the shower. I realize that with a full hook up you can just go out and dump every day if needed.
    Guess I'll have to keep hauling my blue box, looks like I'll need it for weekends. Wondering do most of you keep a blue box with you, and where do you store it? My basement seems pretty full without it.
    Also does anyone know what size the lugs are on the 337? I think it might be metric, but my current metric set isn't large enough. My half inch drive regular seem to not fit.
    Going to add a shelf to the bathroom medicine cabinet tomorrow, and check out the black tank flush. Dump station didn't have a threaded end to put hose on, so don't know if it works.
    Also can't seem to get a picture to load with my posts, any suggestions?
    19mm thin-walled socket is what you need.
    Steve Jewell
    2016 337RLS
    2014 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWJewellTN View Post
    Either 19mm or 3/4" . . . they are only a few thousandths different.
    Make sure you use a 6 point socket, a 12 point may tear off the chrome cover on the OEM lug nuts.
    To get a thin wall, 6 point, deep socket, look for one designed for use with an impact wrench.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_ster View Post
    We carry the tote in the back of the truck behind the hitch and pump grey water into it for transport to the dump station whenever needed.
    See post #11 on this other thread. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...grey+tank+pump

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve and Rob. I picked up a 19mm thin walled and tried it tonight when I brought the camper home. Fits good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWJewellTN View Post