Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealer service... How long is too long?

We bought our 303 in December of last year... On April 20, during a long camping weekend, we discovered the A/C not working (I posted specifics in another thread)...

Delivered our trailer to the dealer on May 10 for the warranty replacement of the A/C unit.

Two weeks later the A/C unit hasn't arrived at the dealer (dealer went through Dometic rather than GD)

This is our first new rv... Am I being impatient with the dealer? They say they're not sure when the new unit will be in... The way I'm looking at it is: I can order an A/C through Amazon and have it delivered to my home in two days... With a tracking number so I can tell exactly where it is and when it will get here...

We were kinda hoping to use our new trailer over the upcoming long weekend...

Very frustrating...
    2005 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A CC LB 4WD
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    VIN: 573FR332XG3305974
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you contacted customer service?
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    Have you contacted customer service?
    Yes... That's when I found the dealer went through Dometic... Not a whole lot GD can do at this point...

I'm just wondering if this amount of time is par for the dealer service course...
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We feel for you! It does seem that the dealer has your money on the purchase, when it comes to service after the sale, they just about forget your name! I am not saying this is your case, but when people ask what dealer has the lowest price, they forget that their unit will need to be fixed sometime! Did you buy from Windish?
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two weeks is nothing. It takes them that long to start filling out the repair order.
    I wouldn't hold my breath expecting to get the RV back by this weekend.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kinda the norm for dealers, unfortunately. While you're under warranty I'd always contact GD first and go from there. They probably would have served as semi middle men for you, even though technically the warranty IS via Dometic. Dealers just don't seem to have any sense of urgency. Sorry you're having problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    We feel for you! It does seem that the dealer has your money on the purchase, when it comes to service after the sale, they just about forget your name! I am not saying this is your case, but when people ask what dealer has the lowest price, they forget that their unit will need to be fixed sometime! Did you buy from Windish?
    Yes ... Windish... Wonderful buying experience...

Hopefully it turns out to be a wonderful service experience...

At one point in my life I worked for a guy who had a terrific business model… He wouldn't tell you what you wanted to hear… But he would tell you exactly what he could do...that's what I would've liked to hear from the dealer when I first called..."yes… It's under warranty but I'm not sure we can get your trailer fixed before Memorial Day... Would you like to keep it and use it for now and we can fix it later? "
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

cb1000rider
    I own a Keystone, minimum time at the dealer has been 35 days (per issue) - seems to stem from getting it in to document a warranty repair, getting approval for the warranty repair, identifying parts, ordering parts, waiting for parts, back into the bay.

Last repair, which was a troublesome slide adjustment, we're going on 65 days now (still at the dealer).

Be glad you have a Grand Design. Sounds like this is a Dometic delivery issue - your RV dealer should have been able to set an expectation for deliver on the AC unit. Good news is that they're pretty easy to put in once they're on the roof.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan S854 View Post
    It's under warranty but I'm not sure we can get your trailer fixed before Memorial Day... Would you like to keep it and use it for now and we can fix it later? "
    Why not call them and if they can't tell you it will be ready for the weekend then tell them you are picking it up this week as is and will return it to them next week for it to sit on their lot waiting for the AC. Unless of the course the lose of AC is deal breaker for the weekend camping.
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    2016 GD Reflection 357BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the same thing with our dealer it takes them 4-6 weeks to get parts and then another 2 weeks to fix it! I dont understand how u can run a business this way and not have alot of pissed off customers!
    2016 momentum 348 m class
    2015 ram 3500 megacab DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast