User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Ryan_Imagine

3rd time - Many issues

Good day everyone,

I don't mean to whine and complain but I feel like I should raise a few concerns. I purchased my trailer the end of last August. I have used it three weekends now and noticed some issues that I am disappointed in. Some are the same issues everyone seems to be having (design flaws?) but some are not (lemon flaws?). I have emailed Grand Design hoping for some resolution, but I would like to get advice from other Imagine owners.

1. I have read other threads on this and even commented on them. But the heat in the bedroom is unbearable and for that ill be ordering a vent dampener. That problem should be fixed. The bathroom is cold and there is no venting, I think that has been remedied on the new updates and I may be out of luck.

2. I fill my fresh water tank from home before I go out. I usually do it by myself if my wife is busy. Ill run back and forth pressing and holding the button to see where the water level is on the trailer and if I don't get to it in time it will over flow and pour out the over flow valve. I turned off the water and disconnected the hose but my tank continued to drain for about 20 minutes and from the over flow valve. I thought this was strange and when it did eventually stop draining I checked my tank via the control panel and noticed my water level was below 3/4. Is it possible a pressure build up continued the draining from the fresh water tank? Once I got to the camp site my water was down to empty in no time so it obviously lost a lot of water. All my drains were closed and I confirmed this mulitple times.

3. At the end of my trip I drained the black and grey tanks. All read empty but my black tank is showing half full. Funny because I just drained it and it was empty. Electrical issue?

4. We usually plug in the Iphone and listen to music through the Auxillary plug. This past weekend I decided to use the Bluetooth. It worked for a little while cutting in and out from a distance of 10 feet and then stopped working all together. Now when I use it the speakers make a ringing sound. I can't fix this, everytime I go into Bluetooth it happens. Even with other phones.

5. No matter what I do I can not turn off the fan/AC. I am not sure which one is running because at night its down to plus 1, plus 2 so the air is cold. I put the setting to furnace and set it to 20 so my daughter can sleep. The furnace would come on as it should but I couldn't shut off that damn A/C unit if I had to.

Sounds like I am complaining a lot here but frankly I am a little worried as there seems to be a lot of issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These all seem like common issues. Number 5 I think is an easy fix. You more than likely have the fan set to high or low and not auto. If it is set to auto it will not come on with furnace. Many of us have done the same thing. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use one of these for your fresh water tank.
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...off-valve/4674
    For your tank sensors, there's not a lot you can do. They all go bad after a while. For the black tank, try using the black tank rinse when you dump.
    FWIW I never use the tank gage for filling. I fill till it starts to come out the overflow. Or until I can tell it's really close to coming out. Can't trust the gages.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When water starts to come out the overflow try opening up a faucet to see if that helps to stop losing so much water.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Ryan_Imagine
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    When water starts to come out the overflow try opening up a faucet to see if that helps to stop losing so much water.
    Thanks ill give this a try. So I take it this is a normal thing with trailers? This is my first one so I am learning everyday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a fairly short list of issues, all or most are solvable. The only one I have doubts about anyone solving is the bluetooth problem.

1. Furnace: Too hot in one room. While a damper is certainly a solution the furnace manufacturers do set a minimum number of outlets in the furnace that must be open. A trick that I found by accident on our Momentum is the furnace has five ports for connecting lines. The temperature and volume from one port was significantly lower than the other ports. Move the line for the too-hot room to that port.

Should this have been handled by GD? Maybe, one person's too hot is another person's too cold.

2. Siphon - try WhittleBurner's suggestion. Our unit and many others (different brands) do the same thing. Never worried about it, will have to give the WhittleBurner's suggestion a try.

3. Black and gray tank sensors are not terribly accurate. Lots of info on the Internet.

4. Bluetooth - yep can be a problem regardless of the device. I'm typing on my PC with an Internet connection via a tethered iPhone. The PC refuses to connect to the iPhone via bluetooth or wifi.

5. Furnace and A/C, if I understand correctly the furnace runs as it should, however the fan on the A/C runs constantly. Assuming the Imagine controls and setup are similar to ours. The A/C and furnace are two separate systems. The fan blower(fan) only runs when the furnace is running. The fan control on the thermostat has NO control over the furnace blower. The fan control on the thermostat only controls the A/C fan. For furnace operation the fan on the thermostat should be set to auto.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Ryan_Imagine
    Yeah thanks for the info makes me feel better to see that a lot of this is the norm. Ill try filling the fresh water tank a little slower also, see if that helps.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I agree that it appears most issues are easily resolvable.

On your stereo there should be a reset button. I have to keep a toothpick by mine because my Bluetooth will go wonky once in a while. Press and hold the reset until the radio shuts off and try again.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

preacher238
    Again, thanks for the information posted here.