User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question About to sign for a new 2800BH - what should we watch for during inspection?

My wife and I will be purchasing a 2800BH in the next few days to a week. When we go through the trailer creating our list of things to fix or clean up, what should we be paying close attention to? I know I know... everything. But, what issues cropped up for those of you who own one now?

Thanks,
    Bill

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. You are picking a very nice trailer. So if I knew back then what I know today, my PDI would have been a little different. I probably would have asked the dealer to not waste time going over all the simple stuff that we all already know. Yes that may have been rude but my wife and I patiently listened to the sales guy explain from how to use the microwave to how to turn on the lights. Lol. Instead I would had focused on other stuff like will my trailer leak if they forgot some caulking or do the brake lights work when connected to my truck, ha, which I totally forgot to check during PDI. (One tail light was out).
    Just test everything when you are there, cuz what I learned is that you get it home you will want to start enjoying it and not be heading back to the dealer for issues anytime soon. Unless major ones.
    Enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mike3740
    The 2800BH has a unique design that we really enjoy. We've had a few issues. Some of them would be hard to find during PDI. Make sure the unit is leveled and stabilized before you go through it, since door alignment may be impacted. We had crooked cabinet doors, a bathroom door that was sometimes difficult to latch, screen door that was gapped and would not latch, main exterior door that was out of alignment and scraped the door jamb. Harder things to spot: an improperly manufactured slide out that leaked at the top, leaks between the awning and the side wall. We also had some cosmetic issues like marks on the sofa, loose trim in the bunks, improperly trimmed openings in the doors on the dinette seats. Some things are design defects that I'm sure GD will address if they haven't already for yours: overwhelming heat in the bedroom, hot in the base cabinets, and no heat in the bathroom.

All that said, it's a really interesting design for this size class, and the fundamentals seem to be really well constructed. I'm sure you will enjoy your new Imagine.

-Mike
    2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

cb1000rider
    Bill - get a PDI list and go through it. Expect to take a few hours. Make sure your dealer is expecting it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The place I bought mine let me stay overnight there to test things and ask questions the next day. Run all of the propane devices. Make sure all windows latch closed. The most common problems reported are the propane regulator valve and bedroom too hot with furnace on. A really nice choice. Enjoy!
    Steven and Linda Akers

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great posts. I told my dealer I was planning to take at least four hours and could take longer. Unfortunately they won't let me stay the night for liability reasons. I have also downloaded a few PDI checklists that contained some items I had not thought of. I plan to combine them into one and add a few additional items in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my case check along the frame and body. Make sure the factory did not sit the trailer on top of the wiring. This was spotted right side wheel well. Easy enough fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preacher238
    Thanks for this input! It answers a couple of questions I had about the 2800.