Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auto level mystery

Can't figure this one out. We have been out on four trips in our new 2016 303rls and three out of four times, the auto level stops after leveling the front jacks and does not go to the rear jacks. The kicker is when we get back to storage, it works perfectly with no delay. Each time out the sites are fairly level and am able to lower the rear jacks to level. Any ideas?
    Kirk
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you start your auto level sequence, the front of the trailer has to be higher than the rear of the trailer, or it won't work. I think you're supposed to get an error on the display when this happens though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
    When you start your auto level sequence, the front of the trailer has to be higher than the rear of the trailer, or it won't work. I think you're supposed to get an error on the display when this happens though?
    That's the mystery. There is no error message at the end. Only stalls at leveling front and will not continue to the rear. I will double check next time to be sure the front is higher, but feel that was not the issue.
    Kirk
    Kirk & Melissa
    Fort Worth, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...we had our second trip, much better than the first cause we had propane! But, I had an auto level issue too. I dropped the front jacks, pressed the auto-level button, and it started through the process with the front jacks, then the back, then I got an LF Error readout and a beep every few seconds from the controller. I put it back on the truck manually, after retracting the back jacks, took it back off and tried again but from that point on, just kept receiving the LF Error. Also noteworthy, when initially lowering the front jacks (the space was high in the front), we heard a loud bang, like a spring breaking, but I crawled underneath then, and when we were raising it to put back on the truck, and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. And it towed magnificently back home, so I'm not thinking we lost a spring or broke the frame somewhere. When I got it back home, still getting the error and beep. I was going to read through the manual and see if there is a hard reset on it or something, and then try it again.

I have an email into GD Customer Service
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

2016 Reflection 337RLS (Piper's new dog house that she condescends to allow humans to inhabit occasionally)
    2016 Dodge RAM 3500 Shortbox Mega Cab 6.7L Diesel SRW
    Mopar (Ha! Curt) 25k Hitch

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...pswxidsicb.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the exact same issue with our 303. While still connected to your truck, extend front jacks about 7 or 8 inches. Then scroll to "retract all" and press enter. Should retract and clear error code. Then when disconnecting from your truck, when you lower front landing gear, leave about three or four inches clearance from the ground before you ground front jacks. Unhitch normally, press auto level and all should be fine. Basically, the jacks need enough movement to adjust or they will throw an error code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what you are saying and it makes perfect sense, but why does it work in storage when doing exactly the same thing? I will always lower the front jacks to last notch before touching the ground at the camp site and the storage facility.
    Kirk & Melissa
    Fort Worth, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what to tell you about that - that's how they demonstrated it to me at the dealership and it worked perfectly there also. Gave me a LF ERROR every time at the campground. All I know is it has leveled perfectly ever since. BTW, be sure to reset your zero point once you get it level. I have heard some that were no set from the factory.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any other difference in your routine between camping and storage? Like whether the truck is still plugged in or on shore power at camp site, etc. Maybe a low voltage situation or ?? Just thinkin' out loud... any other differences?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also need help with my 6 point level up! It has been flawless for a year! (2015 Solitude 369RL) about 10 days ago I checked everything over , retracted rear jacks and elevated landing gear: when I pushed level up, the rig went through its level up cycle and gave me the "successful " message. Problem is that the door side jacks never extended! I then put the unit in manual mode and extended the door side jacks in order to stabilize the unit to run slide outs out. I then closed slide outs , retracted rear jacks, and then did the level up again: same result. I contacted LCI: c/s suggested that the rear controller may have come loose and that if that was not the problem, then the front controller could be faulty. I then spent a couple hours getting the rear controller exposed: it was fine. I then ordered / received a new controller: installed and did the calibration according to on-line manual: same result[emoji35] I have disconnected all power, re-calibrated several times and I'm not touching the problem! I never get an error code! HELP!!

2011 Silverado 3500 HD SRW/ LB : Airsafe 20K Hitch/ 2015 Solitude 369 RL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast