User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting issue with bathroom vent/fan.

I encountered an interesting failure mode for the bathroom fan in my Momentum. I have vent covers installed, so I leave the vents open with the fan off to allow air circulation. Yesterday we had a really strong thunderstorm that dropped a lot of water with high winds. After the sun came out I went out to the trailer and found that the vent had closed and the fan was on. Not surprising that the water penetrated and activated the auto close, but why did the fan come on? I turned the fan off and reopened the vent and a half hour later the same thing happened. So I left things closed and off until today. I reopened the vent and it has stayed open and the fan has stayed off. So, I'm guessing water got into somewhere it shouldn't have and caused the fan to turn on as the vent closed...something to watch out for. All is good now that things have dried out.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kitchen vent is not covered. It has been open when rain started, it always closes. If fan is on, it shuts off. I never had it turn on after a rain event
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a fluke with the wind blowing just right. But if it happened again I would put some silicone on it to seal out the water. Maybe you just have some loose screws on a electrical enclosure.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually