Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st real trip So far so good sort of?/Thanks Grand Design

Picked up the new rig and drove home 3 hrs and stayed at the beach for a couple of nights. No real problems, pocking around. Next headed for the eastern sierras and went to hook up and pass rear tire was 20lbs. Bought small 2 gal compressor not really great but got tire to 80lbs eventually. Long/short. Have to replace rear tire. 2. Front Door sticks on top corner against rain gutter. Nothing a bigger hammer wont fix!!!. 3. Thought the leds under closet slide didn't work...Yea that's the switch on the nautilaus panel that's not labeled.

1. What is the correct way to change the tire?? Jack frame/ jack axle. Raise with levelers or both..

Might have some warmer weather today on the cali coast to check the ac units

All in All about what I expected no real problems yet. Thanx gd so far so good

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you find a nail or other object in the tire? Make sure to check the valve stem with a soapy solution so that isn't the culprit.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishkiller1 View Post
    Picked up the new rig and drove home 3 hrs and stayed at the beach for a couple of nights. No real problems, pocking around. Next headed for the eastern sierras and went to hook up and pass rear tire was 20lbs. Bought small 2 gal compressor not really great but got tire to 80lbs eventually. Long/short. Have to replace rear tire. 2. Front Door sticks on top corner against rain gutter. Nothing a bigger hammer wont fix!!!. 3. Thought the leds under closet slide didn't work...Yea that's the switch on the nautilaus panel that's not labeled.

1. What is the correct way to change the tire?? Jack frame/ jack axle. Raise with levelers or both..

Might have some warmer weather today on the cali coast to check the ac units

All in All about what I expected no real problems yet. Thanx gd so far so good
    Sounds like you're off to a pretty good start. There are quite a few threads on the forum about where to properly jack up the trailer to change a tire. GD/Lippert advise that you should jack it up by the frame to change the tire. However, many of us place a jack under the u-bolts at the end of the axle and jack it up there. I've not heard of anyone damaging their rig by doing so.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, did a cursory check of the tire, will check more when I remove it. Thanks Tucson will probably try the frame and see how high I have to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, last summer we got home from a trip and noticed a nail in one of our tires. After loosening the lug nuts, I made a ramp with the orange legos and drove the good tire up on it so I could then remove the bad tire.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logos....what a great idea.

Phil
    F-250 soon to be Ram 3500 I hope....
    Full Time Soon 7-2-16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaston View Post
    Logos....what a great idea.

Phil
    F-250 soon to be Ram 3500 I hope....
    Full Time Soon 7-2-16
    Hey Phil...I just upgraded from a 2007 Ram 2500 to a 3500 (2016). Only been a few days, but I love the new truck. I have some adjustments to make on my pin box, and want to get my spray in liner done, they I'll tow our 337 and see how it does...
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

2016 Reflection 337RLS (Piper's new dog house that she condescends to allow humans to inhabit occasionally)
    2016 Dodge RAM 3500 Shortbox Mega Cab 6.7L Diesel SRW
    Mopar (Ha! Curt) 25k Hitch

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...pswxidsicb.gif

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting hitch installed today. Trailer is at the same dealer getting some warranty stuff done so my first tow will be later this afternoon. I do love the truck so far.
    Phil
    2016 Ram 3500 Drw crew cab 8 ft bed.