Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help ASAP

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help ASAP

My rig (303rls) has just lost all water. I have water at the outside faucet and coming through the water hose to the rig, but no water inside the rig. I fear I have popped a connection somewhere under the rig, but can't see it without removing the cover under the rig. Any other ideas or suggestions of what might be happening? This happened very sudden which indicates that a connection my have popped. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you hear water running somewhere maybe and is so I would imagine leaking out from bottom by now ? I would unload the basement and remove the rear panels and look over the plumbing to see what is going on then decide what next based on that. If you have water in the fresh water tank adjust your valves as appropriate and does the water pump start and stop ok and water come out of all faucets as it should ?

GDRV Customer Service 574 825 9675

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do you have water flowing through the Kantleak into the trailer but not coming out of the faucets? My first thought is that your selector is on the wrong setting. You did say it was all of a sudden but does that mean it was working fine and suddenly you turned on a faucet and nothing came out but this would be my first thought. Second question is if water IS flowing trough the Kantleak is it pouring out somewhere that you can see? hard to imagine the water hose turned on and a connection popping off without seeing (or hearing) water gushing somewhere. Have you pulled the panel in the pass through to inspect the fittings behind the Kantleak?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the hose and check the screen on the inlet. I may have plugged up with debris.

John
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have looked behind the panel in the under storage and did not see a leak of any kind. I put water in the fresh tank and water flows OK using the pump. Right after using the pump I connected back to city water and the flow inside the rig was fine. Lasted about 10 minutes and now I have no flow inside again. When the flow inside starts to slow to a trickle I hear a strange noise coming from the area of the water heater. How can I bypass water heater altogether and still use city water? Any other ideas?

Pioneer_SX1250
    Not 100% sure, but I think if you set the winterization valves to the winterization positions, you should bypass the water heater and be able to see if you get water.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travelinman--very good news apparently no leaks and there was no water where it s/n be ! This is strange and I do not recall anything like this coming up before. Running water for 10 minutes and then the flow just starts to slow down to a trickle is a stumper for this small and limited cranial capacity being.

Do all four water use areas (kitchen, BR sink, shower, and outside shower) along with the toilet all slow down ?.......and both cold and hot or just one or the other slow down ? Lastly, could it be your pressure regulator (assume you are using one between hose and panel connection) and/or the water system at the campground ?

A call to GDRV in the AM seems in order unless someone/you can solve before then......keep us posted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have a pressure regulator in line, if yes try it without it

edit: if I had read Dan's post I wouldn't have posted mine, I have had my regulator quit when it was full of trash...good luck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is of any help here is a flow diagram from Anderson Brass that might be like your Kantleak.

http://andersonbrass.com/pdf/Attachment_4.pdf

Here is a link to their repair kit video, is shows how to take the valve apart and reassemble. The key is where the hole in the valve insert aligns with the valve knob pointer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvEEYebwHg

Sure sounds like regulator.

Good luck,
    Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a long shot. The valve internals are held in place with a spring. Maybe the valve internals have pushed outward against the spring causing it to be misaligned. Turn off the water and relieve pressure, then push in on the valve and rotate to make sure it is pushed in all the way and see if it works.

Easy fix if it works.....

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast