User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    DunnDeal82

Full-Timing in a GD Solitude

Hello everyone, I have a question about full-timing in a Grand Design Solitude 379FL. My wife and I are about 18 months from retiring and want to go full-time on the road and have fallen in love with the Solitude 379FL and we will be living in it full-time for at least a year before I am free. Is there anything you would suggest we do or add to get through the winter in OKC? It's not extremely cold here but can be very windy and near zero at times in the winter. We are planning on buying one within the month.

Thanks so much for all I have learned already from everyone.

Dave
    Last edited by DunnDeal82; 06-09-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full timing in a Reflection 337, does not have the heated tanks like the Solitude does. I would suggest skirting with styrofoam insulation if you are staying in one place for the winter months. We had our fresh water tank blow up, raised the floor, quite a traumatic experience especially for my wife! The 379 is an awesome home.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 379 and love it. It's been down to 20 degrees a couple times with no problems. We try to get far enough south it doesn't get that cold
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

DunnDeal82
    Wow Steve, that sounds crazy! Thanks for the insulation idea, I was thinking along those lines. BTW, how do you like your Reflection? They look great!

DunnDeal82
    That's great LC, good to know you love your 379. We have looked around at many brands and always come back to GD and the 379. We will be staying farther down south once we can but will have at least one winter here in Oklahoma. Thanks for the reply.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are very satisfied with our Reflection as far as comfortable living quarters for two humans and a Black Lab. I still have issues with the braking system, we are on our second set of complete axles due to the undersize issue. I need to disassemble drums and deal with the probable greasing of the shoes! GRRRR!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts