Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing movies from USB on the Furrion

Hey Everybody,

Does anybody know how to play movies through a USB stick or external hard drive via the USB input on the Furrion? I was hoping to download movies to a USB stick or hard drive instead of bringing DVD's.

Is there a specific file format the Furrion reads?

Thank-you.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried several times to get it to work with absolutely no success. Last week I bought a Blu - ray player and a sound bar, then pulled the video connection off the back of the Furrion. The $99 sound bar blows away the sound we were getting from the Furrion and also provides Bluetooth connectivity. Now we only use the Furrion to listen to the radio.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    No tow vehicle at the moment :(
    Who uses our RV?
    - One old dog, blind and selectively deaf
    - A wonderful granddaughter that just loves the bunkhouse
    - A husband who is just as sad as myself to leave the RV as I am

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a USB port on the back of the tv? Mine has one. I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure it's possible, just to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH w/ 2014 Dodge Ram 1500.
    First travel trailer for us (Skipped a few upgrades!). Trying to find as much time as possible to get out and use it while working full time.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Megan, what brand/model sound bar did you get that fits in the entertainment center?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knguyen525 View Post
    Megan, what brand/model sound bar did you get that fits in the entertainment center?
    LG 32". It sits on the shelf below the TV, and overlaps the bottom of the TV rendering the TV remote useless, but we never use the TV lot anything other than watching movies.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    No tow vehicle at the moment :(
    Who uses our RV?
    - One old dog, blind and selectively deaf
    - A wonderful granddaughter that just loves the bunkhouse
    - A husband who is just as sad as myself to leave the RV as I am

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan Coriale View Post
    LG 32". It sits on the shelf below the TV, and overlaps the bottom of the TV rendering the TV remote useless, but we never use the TV lot anything other than watching movies.
    I use a Samsung sound bar and it's sits on the shelf also but since I changed out my TV mount, the sound bar will just sit behind the bottom of the TV. The position does not alter the sound of the sound bar and leaves the access to the TV's remote. But I agree with Megan, once we turn the TV on, we do very little with the TV remote. We use the Blu-ray remote or the sound bar remote or the satellite remote.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Furrion bashing continues....Grand Design - Take note.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried once with the furrion player and just gave up. I just bought this little media player on Amazon.com. Plugs into your HDMI slot on tv and plays practically any video media file from a USB stick or portable hard drive. Tested it this past weekend on my 4 day camping trip. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion USB port will only play .avi video files. It works fine, we watch all our movies that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed Furrion to see why my USB stick wasn't playing - it would load and I could see the list of movies (MP4 format) but said unsupported format. This is the response I got.

Thank you for contacting us here at Furrion. The issue may be that you have too much data on the USB drive. Our radio units can only support up to a max of 3GB of data, as they are only meant for short videos or pictures. If you have more than 3GB of data on the drive, the radio will overload and not read any of the files. I would recommend taking some of the files off and using only around 2GB from the drive to get the unit to work. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me by phone or email and I will do my best to get you taken care of.

Justin Zimmerman
    Customer Service Representative
    Furrion U.S. Headquarters
    P: +1.574.333.2088 ext. 203
    |
    This email is from Furrion LLC (“Furrion”). This email and any attachments are confidential, and must not be disclosed to/used by/copied by anyone other than the intended recipient. Notify the sender and delete the email if you received the email in error. Furrion is not responsible for viruses.
    ref:_00D61Zxvn._500615Rqcb:ref
    I am going to try the little media player suggested above. It sounds like it should work with no issues. Amazon currently has it for $40. After being out a couple of weekends with several DVDs/Discs, I cannot stand having discs and cases sliding all around the little cubby below the TV. That area can serve a better purpose such as a place to drop the sunglasses and wallet, watch, etc the hubby takes off every time we come inside. That way his stuff isn't cluttering up the dining table.
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH w/ 2014 Dodge Ram 1500.
    First travel trailer for us (Skipped a few upgrades!). Trying to find as much time as possible to get out and use it while working full time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast