User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun shade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick and easy!!! Went to Home Depot and bought the fabric 6x20 for $40. Buy the clips also. I had some clamp awning connectors that prevent the awning from wind flapping. They connect to the awning with a twist clamp and to the rail with Velcro. I connected the wind de-flappers to the ends of the awning rail, attached the fabric, attached the fabric clips to the bottom. With a bungee cord and a stake it was secure. Easy up and easy down. Also rolls up compact with stakes in the middle and bungees holding it rolled up.
    Hope it works.
    Art & Terry
    2014 Solitude #366
    2014 Ford F-450 Platinum 4x4 Duallie
    Retired Police Officer '03/US Navy Vet 76-80
    El Paso, Texas

Susieq
    Thanks, that sounds like just what I need. I will be ordering that!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Well that's interesting to hear!

Our 337 does have the channel and this is the awning screen we have. We bought the 9 foot drop screen I believe which, as lee8751 describes, has a 2 foot top section that slips into the channel and remains on the awning, rolling up when it's close. The you just zip the bottom section on when you want it.

The VistaShade is a quality piece and we love it! Here's the link.

http://www.shadepro.net/product/Awni...hade_drop.html
    Hey - this is great to see. Will have to take another look at ours. We have an OEM 9" drop on our awning, but didn't think it would come off. Will look closer and see if it will come off, and then can be replaced with your type of set up.
    2017 Ford F350 dually, Anderson Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2016.5 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJBROWN View Post
    Hey - this is great to see. Will have to take another look at ours. We have an OEM 9" drop on our awning, but didn't think it would come off. Will look closer and see if it will come off, and then can be replaced with your type of set up.
    Sorry if my description mislead you but the OEM awning "drop" remains attached. It is not in the channel and does not interfere in any way with the new shade. Actually if you look very closely at my picture you can make out the OEM piece of fabric laying over the top section of the shade screeen
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got a 2018 Solitude 310 GK and it too has the track (groove) in the awning roller, however the awning roller ends are covered with plastic? housings which connect the roller to the awning arms. There doesn’t appear to be a way to slide the top of a sun shade into the track because the housing are covering the ends of the track. As you probably know, sliding a sun shade into an awning track requires the sun shade to be nearly perfectly aligned with the track in order to slide in the shade so it doesn’t bind up.

Does your rig’s awning have the housing ends i’ve described; and if so, how did you get your sun shade to slide into the Track? Can the housing ends be removed to allow for the shade to be installed? If so, removing and reinstalling one or both of those housings would be problematic each time you moved to a new location. In that case, getting the detachable (zippered) sun shade seems like the only real option.

I would appreciate any one’s comments or suggestions on how to address this issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the carefree ez zipper on both my awnings. Once installed in the grove the top 2’ stay in and just unzip the lower part for easy removal and zip it back on for install. No ladders needed after set up.
    Works great!!!
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel with a ‘Tude View Post
    I recently got a 2018 Solitude 310 GK and it too has the track (groove) in the awning roller, however the awning roller ends are covered with plastic? housings which connect the roller to the awning arms. There doesn’t appear to be a way to slide the top of a sun shade into the track because the housing are covering the ends of the track. As you probably know, sliding a sun shade into an awning track requires the sun shade to be nearly perfectly aligned with the track in order to slide in the shade so it doesn’t bind up.

Does your rig’s awning have the housing ends i’ve described; and if so, how did you get your sun shade to slide into the Track? Can the housing ends be removed to allow for the shade to be installed? If so, removing and reinstalling one or both of those housings would be problematic each time you moved to a new location. In that case, getting the detachable (zippered) sun shade seems like the only real option.

I would appreciate any one’s comments or suggestions on how to address this issue.
    I have a 2019 Solitude 2930 and have the same question on installing the two foot section of my shade. On my Reflection, it was easy to "roll" the awning a little, feed the sun shade section into and good to go. The Solitude doesn't appear to have access like the old awning did. Has anyone installed theirs? Do the end pieces of the awning snap off and give you access to the groove?
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine there are six screws on the top of the cover that come undone to take the plastic housing off and access the groove to slide it in. Or if you extend the awning further than normal it brings the groove to the top and you can slide it in that way a little harder to keep it perfectly aligned but it works as well. I will tell you the plastic caps on the housing are not the easiest to put back in place but it can be done. Hope this helps.
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up, this last weekend I pulled my trailer out to do some basic maintenance and got my (tall) ladder to more closely inspect the awning roller and how it connects to the awning arms. I had hoped there might be an opening along the top where one could slide a sun shade into the roller track, but no there isn’t. So I then tried to remove the plastic housings, with the hope I would then be able to access the roller track’s edge, but while I was able to get a couple of pressure snaps to release I couldn’t get the whole housing to come off, and I was getting afraid any further prying would cause the housing to break, so I gave up and snapped everything back into place. Unfortunately, mine doesn’t have any screws on the top.

Hopefully there is someone out there who has figured out how to past those housings so I can install my sun shade. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3FCF5D7-1EB2-4A98-B74F-21F99EB690B3.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	16719

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC4F7AC7-E3AF-46A2-838D-A47A7307D252.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	768.7 KB 
ID:	16718

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast