Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squeaky Floors

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same thing on my 30BH. Very noticeable squeak in the hall right outside the bathroom area and into the bedroom. I will also investigate more.

John
    John, Heidi and our 2 Cocker Spaniels Venus & Big Papi
    2016 Relfection 30BH 5th wheel
    2016 F350 SRW CC SB 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    Pullrite Superglide with Superrails

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same on my 2016 337, the dealer didn't know what the problem was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Nanato10;70259]I am relatively new here but since I know GD monitors these sites I have a question for them....have a 2017 Reflection 367bhs and have an issue with a VERY squeeky long hallway going to bedroom. Seems the floor is weak next to the outside wall and over the outside storage compartment...if your looking into the compartment and someone is walking on the floor inside you can see it....worried about separation...now, big question is we don't trust our local service deptments work as we have seen it before on other units...if we try and out a crosswise brace between the aluminium frame would it void warranty if that doesn't work? Not sure where to go, how to get it fixed properly..etc. Thanks

Hi Nanato10

My wife and I also have the 2017 367BHS Reflection with the same concern. We walk up the stairs and along the loft ladder and the bathroom door the floor squeaks along the outside wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same Squeaking on my 27RL, hallway outside bathroom and bedroom will have to check for the flexing..
    Chris & Darcy
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2011 Ford 6.7 Lariat

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi we have a 2016 27rs and have the same problem. Floor squeaking outside bathroom door along outside wall. I put larger screws through floor into aluminum beam underneath between each existing screw and that seemed to fix problem for now, will see when we use it more. I tried tightening the existing screws at first but they would not tighten, stripped is my guess. I think the manufacturer is using impact drivers when installing all screws on unit and are stripping them with to much torque. I have also noticed three screws on outside of unit with the heads broken off, I am thinking broken off using impact driver.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi posted a reply in Sept about squeaky floors in hallway outside bathroom door. I fixed them with larger screws but now have squeaks throughout bathroom floor. Do not know how to fix this I do not want to drive screws in middle of floor. Any suggestions as to why my unit a 2016 29rs has these problems, could it be the laminate floor they have installed on them. Maybe Grand Design can give me an answer or a fix

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 367BHS and have not noticed any squeaking floors but will be checking them the next time we use our unit. Like someone else pointed out eventually you will have a squeak or two after years of use - just like at home. These new units we bought this fall shouldn't be having problems yet. Not as worried about squeaks as long as floor is structurally sound. Will be following this thread as it sounds like some of you may have a structural issue with flexing/give in the floor. We love our fifth wheel!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    We have the 367BHS and have not noticed any squeaking floors but will be checking them the next time we use our unit. Like someone else pointed out eventually you will have a squeak or two after years of use - just like at home. These new units we bought this fall shouldn't be having problems yet. Not as worried about squeaks as long as floor is structurally sound. Will be following this thread as it sounds like some of you may have a structural issue with flexing/give in the floor. We love our fifth wheel!
    Hi rvrunners,
    We have only had our unit since last May, we had no squeaks either until after a few months of use. We are currently living in unit in Az for winter and as each day goes by we seem to be developing more squeaks. As my unit has a laminate floor I am worried it may be the floor doing the moving causing the squeaks. I contacted Grand Design and inquired about the laminate floors in this unit before we purchased it and they said they were as good as the plywood ones, so I am wondering if any with the plywood floors are starting to squeak as well. Your unit likely has the plywood floor and I agree I think ever unit will have some floor squeaks but mine is beyond a few, it is more like every spot in bathroom squeaks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdl53 View Post
    Hi posted a reply in Sept about squeaky floors in hallway outside bathroom door. I fixed them with larger screws but now have squeaks throughout bathroom floor. Do not know how to fix this I do not want to drive screws in middle of floor. Any suggestions as to why my unit a 2016 29rs has these problems, could it be the laminate floor they have installed on them. Maybe Grand Design can give me an answer or a fix
    According to their web site the floors are aluminum framed with OSB or plywood screwed to the studs. Not laminated like the sidewalls. If you thinking that the vinyl is squeaking, well that doesn't happen.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread, but we have the flexing also. We have a 2016 27rl and it is flexing a lot above the fresh water tank. I am confused since we were told it is solid hardwood under the flooring, I believe 3/4". Can someone confirm this for me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast