Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30BH will be ours in a week - our 1st 5th Wheel, questions on the hitch

After looking at many 5th wheels and almost ordering a Jayco Eagle, we came upon the 30BH and fell in love with the floor plan. We will be picking it up in a week. I will be towing with a 2015 F350 Gas SRW Crew Cab short bed. I've towed numerous travel trailers and cargo trailers but this will be my first experience with a 5th wheel. After doing a little research I decided on getting a Pullrite Superglide which I will have the dealer install. It seems that most everyone that has these hitches seems to love them, and although expensive and heavy I'd rather get something I can have a lot of confidence with and be trouble free than compromise on a lesser hitch. I also like the idea of having the super rails that leave a clean bed, as I use my F-350 for business when not camping.

Besides a little extra $ and weight is there any reason I should not go with a higher rated hitch in case we want to upgrade to a bigger camper in the future? I have Kubota Tractor that I can use to take the hitch in and out of my truck bed, so I'm not too concerned about the weight.

Anything I should look for or ask the dealer about before they install the hitch?

Thanks!

John & Heidi from Massachusetts

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an 18k super glide hitch with everything but the frame plates. I have never used it and the person I bought it from used it a couple times. I need it gone. I will give you a great deal, after your inspection, and I am in VT. It's in great condition. I even have a universal capture plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk