Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing Stock Furniture - 300GK

Hello all,

My wife and I will be full-timing while also working full-time on the road (we manage a private portfolio of RV resorts and run a financial services company for the RV hospitality industry). We are in the process of purchasing the 300GK and will need to create a full-time office area, and we also have two dogs... We were originally tempted to purchase a larger unit, but wanted the versatility and transportability of a smaller unit.

Anyways, we're looking at taking out all of the stock furniture and storing it. In the slide out with the reclining sofa and table, we would install two lightweight (IKEA) desks for both of us to work. We'd probably make them as wide as the slide out (40") and work facing each other. Has any one had experience creating an office space with this type of setup?

Additionally, I'm curious if the reclining sofa can fit in the same spot as the sofa sleeper? That slide is 28" deep. and the frame/base of the reclining sofa is 22" wide between the two bars. We may be able to set the sofa there, but won't be able to recline. Has anyone had experience swapping furniture out and finding something smaller that will fit well in the space?

Thanks in advance!
    -Scott
    Scott and Lindsey
    __
    2017 Solitude 300GK
    2016 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD Laramie 4x4

-Firestone Ride-Rite air bags w/Air Lift WirelessAIR
    -PullRite SuperGlide 2700 (16K)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have changed factory furniture in several RVs. If'n it will fit, it will work. Be sure slides have adequate clearance to move freely
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wee also have a new 300FL. Welcome. I don't need a workstation, but you're idea is gonna work great.
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover