Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupaland.Walker View Post
    I'm ready to slide my Onan 3600 into the 366DEN Solitude. Have removed the air panel cutouts in the compartment floor. My question is - does the aluminum base of the Gen just sit right on that thin metal floor? ( then 4 -bolt from underneath).
    And what about that thin, flexible, black panel underneath the compartment metal floor? Cut that away or what? Appreciate the benefit of your experience.
    Joe & Jean
    Prescott, AZ
    Mine sits right on the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hart_attack View Post
    Update.

I ordered mine directly through Cummins, got a 6500LP for $4,800. Way better than anything I found online.

I finally got it installed with the help of my Father-In-Law. Sure was nice when we had a derecho come through and were without power for a few days.

We ended up setting it on a cooler in front of the compartment, then using a piece of 1" plywood as a ramp to get it up and over the lip into the compartment. After that it was fairly easy hooking up the LP line and the electrical. Found out that one of my batteries isn't charging as it wouldn't crank the generator. Need to look further into that. FYI, if you're doing it yourself you'll need the exhaust kit that is purchased separately. Is it just me or does it take everyone else 2-3 trips to the store to finish a project.
    Nice. A great price and having a 6500 would be awesome!!!

As far as 2-3 trips to the store to finish a project goes I have to agree 100%. I often wonder how folks who live in more rural areas manage. I have Home Depot, Lowes, NAPA, etc., etc. within 10 minutes from my home and it does seem I am there constantly during these projects.

One thing I did is only purchase the down pipe kit for the generator and then I had my local muffler/welding shop, who i use for a lot of projects, finish it off with a bit of a custom touch

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Nice. A great price and having a 6500 would be awesome!!!

As far as 2-3 trips to the store to finish a project goes I have to agree 100%. I often wonder how folks who live in more rural areas manage. I have Home Depot, Lowes, NAPA, etc., etc. within 10 minutes from my home and it does seem I am there constantly during these projects.

One thing I did is only purchase the down pipe kit for the generator and then I had my local muffler/welding shop, who i use for a lot of projects, finish it off with a bit of a custom touch

That looks nice! Maybe I'll consider my exhaust "temporary" until I can get it in for something like that!

Left The Driveway Lupaland.Walker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that thin, Black, plastic barrier just gets cut away from that entire forward compartment area?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So that thin, Black, plastic barrier just gets cut away from that entire forward compartment area?
    Who are you directing your question to because I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to? Probably one f the other posters because I did not have any "thin, Black, plastic barrier" involved in the installation of mine on my Reflection. Maybe it's something on the Solitudes? Can you quote the picture that you are referring to maybe so we can see what you mean?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway Lupaland.Walker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for checking in on this, Poppy. I was hoping that Hart_Attack could elaborate on that black plastic barrier. I have a 2016 Solitude Model 366DEN.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gen Compartment w Cutouts and Plastic Barrier.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	5087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plastic barrier look up from LF.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	5088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plastic barrier look up from RF.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	5089
    In the three pics I attached - One pic is looking inside the open bay door at the air flow cut outs - the crescent wrench laying on that barrier. The other two pics are as low as I could go looking up at that barrier plastic. Seems pretty obvious that it needs to be removed (only in the area of the Gen compartment) I was hoping someone could elaborate on the resulting exposure to road debris, mud, rain, etc. I plan on using a wire mesh as a barrier against critters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Okay, that makes it very clear. It is a Solitude issue then. Probably because of the dropped frame? The Reflections Coroplast belly does not extend all the way to the front like that. I would assume it would need to be cut back but we'll see what other Solitude owners have to say.

You can see in this picture that the Coroplast ends with that aluminum factory strip which is right at the bulkhead between the front compartment and the pass through. I would imagine it would be fairly easy to pick up a piece of aluminum, cut the Coroplast at a point where there is support above it to fasten too, then attach the strip with self-tapping screws.

2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onan Cummins Generator Install

Thanks for checking in on this, Poppy. I was hoping that Hart_Attack could elaborate on that black plastic barrier. I have a 2016 Solitude Model 366DEN.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gen Compartment w Cutouts and Plastic Barrier.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	5087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plastic barrier look up from LF.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	5088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plastic barrier look up from RF.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	5089
    In the three pics I attached - One pic is looking inside the open bay door at the air flow cut outs - the crescent wrench laying on that barrier. The other two pics are as low as I could go looking up at that barrier plastic. Seems pretty obvious that it needs to be removed (only in the area of the Gen compartment) I was hoping someone could elaborate on the resulting exposure to road debris, mud, rain, etc. I plan on using a wire mesh as a barrier against critters.
    My black plastic stops where the front compartment begins. All I did was cut the tabs on the metal and I was in business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! Found your post on Onan lp install. I guess it was several years ago, but we are installing one and can't find any info on the Onan green/black combo wire and where they hook up to on the RV box (Solitude came generator ready). Sound familiar to you? thank you! Doug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123