User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Morning and a Happy 4th of July to all!!!!!!

Nice quiet morning here with me at the computer and drinking my OJ (that's my coffee). Doing some catching up with email and the like so I hopped over here to wish everyone of y'all a Happy July 4th. At the risk of getting off into the weeds, I hope each of you carve out at least 10 minutes to just sit and ponder what a great country we've been given. And to those who've served this great country - THANK YOU!

Like many of you, I've been vigilant in my life to not create a cocoon and sit in it. Up until now, my travels have been via motorcycle and there's been times that I've come around a bend and been so gobsmacked, that I pulled over, shut the engine off and just took it all in. I've run the entire Blueridge Parkway in both directions - and yes, that included the Skyline Drive beginning at Front Royal, VA. So I've done my share of travelling this country (I even once entered Canada - but don't tell anybody) and looking forward to doing as much RV travelling as my bank account allows. My goal is to die broke....even going so far as the last check I write being to the undertaker - and it'll bounce!! LMAO..........

Not been to a whole lot of places west of the Father of Waters.........yet. :-)

As I sit here in solitude (Reflection??), looking at my reproduction of The Constitution of the United States of America on my wall, I'm flashed back to all the arguments (as chronicled in the Federalist Papers and other writings such as Thomas Jefferson's letters) that our Founders went through to craft such a perfect document. Hell, it even included provisions to remedy imperfections!! IMHO.....I don't think it was happenstance that those learned men were all in the same place at the same time in history. I believe it was divine providence that these men were driven by a higher power to create not a perfect nation, but a nation that was perfect in purpose for the human species of this Earth. I cannot name one country that believes so strongly that man derives his rights NOT from government, but because he's a human being. These unalienable rights are foreign to probably 90% of the worlds population. But there are folks around the world that have heard that sirens song and threw off the flag of their country to embrace our flag, our country and our traditions going so far as to pledging their allegiance to this country. And in Tom's world, that's as it should be. All my life, my goal was to be a contributor to whatever I was doing. Our Founders mentioned this, maybe not specifically, but inferred it in their writings and even in our Constitution. I believe our great country wants people of all nations to experience the empowerment that being "An American" gives a person. All this country asks in return is to embrace being "An American" and that means (in many instances), throwing off the bounds of your native country and pledging allegiance to a new nation that allows you to be whatever your heart desires. Our Founders weren't only educated men, but uneducated (book-wise) men as well. What the common denominator among them was the worldly experience they each had when it came to the governments of other nations and how oppressive some were. Many Founders studied the history of great nations long since past and where the train left the track for those powerful nations. It was that collective knowledge that was brought to bear when the quill was laid to parchment. And it was also that knowledge and opinions and experiences that led to many a heated debate and, in some cases, damn near fisticuffs. This is just MHO....but I think what got them through was "the goal" and their respect for the other person's passion to create a nation so awesome it could never be duplicated.

I could go on & on.....but frankly, when your typing skills utilize four and a half fingers outta ten, my hands get wore plum out. So I'll leave it to you to finish my ramblings in your quiet moments. However.....I'll leave you with one final rhetorical question. You're "back in the day" and a fellow townsman comes knocking at your door and speaking questionably nonsense about folks not taking the British rule anymore. And there's already folks banding together to do something about it. You start weighing the odds. You live a nice life, got a nice home and a hot.....uh.....beautiful wife. This rebellion could cost you everything including your life. However.....if it succeeds, the sky is the limit. What would you choose? Me? I can't imagine the angst folks must have gone through in deciding what to do. But I'm greatful beyond words, that many, many, many said YES!

HAPPY FOUTH OF JULY!!!!!!!

Oh - and I just gotta include this photo of the license plate frame on the back of my 337. It tells you everything you need to know about me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	License Plate.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	4978

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom! I hope you have a great day, and many more this summer
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO our blessings as a nation are because we are endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights, and as we rely on Him we prosper, but as we turn away from the path He blesses, our country will be troubled and tormented. It is easier for those of us who are retired or full-timing to be disconnected from the challenges we face due to our self indulgence and pride because of our relative prosperity in worldly possessions, but to our peril! Tom it is great that you have our Constitution in front of you, which is our inspiration, and know Who inspired our forefathers! We also pray for and support our military around the world! As we may see displays of The Rockets Red Glare in our communities today, let us reflect on the blood spilled to insure our rights and privileges!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy 4th Tom and everyone!

We're celebrating our Fourth 30 miles south of Washington DC by volunteering in the Visitor Center at Prince William Forest Park. As you all probably know, 2016 is the Centennial of the National Park System.

Enjoy, have fun, and thanks to all those brave individuals that made it possible.

Dave

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom. Thanks so much for that thoughtful piece. I hope you are enjoying your July 4 celebrations. For the record, I love your license plate!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy 4th of July everyone.

It would be interesting to walk in shoes from the past.

I motorcycle tour all across the fine country and the other one to the north also. I was westbound on US 50 in 2009 on the Loneliest road in America after traveling all across this beautiful country. I was sailing along at about 80 on a long (24 mile) straight stretch and for some reason I started thinking about the settlers of the west traveling in wagon trains. In less then 20 minutes I could go across the 24 stretch and the wagon train would take 2 days. Those were some tough people.

Happy 4th, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021