User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker lights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaker lights

Hey everyone I have a 2016 27RL and I would like to separate the awning light from the speaker lights, and put the speaker lights on the same switch as the porch light (blue light under the step). You can't see the speaker lights when the awning light is on anyway.
    So my question is has anyone done this and would anyone happen to know where they connected the two together, (awning light and speaker lights) I looked at the switch panel already and there is only the one wire in there for the awning light circuit.

Thanks
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

As you only see one wire to the switch for awning lights/speaker lights, the connection must be somewhere else. It's most likely a junction box where the power to the awning motor is connected...in the upper right of the wardrobe on our 337. You would need to run a new separate wire for the speaker lights to the panel to connect to the step lights.

Have you checked behind the power distribution panel for the bundle of wires feeding the switch panel? Is there another connection to the awning light switch wire there?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, and no I hadn't yet checked behind the distribution panel yet, I was maybe assuming that it might be in the ceiling some where and was hopeing that someone may have by chance already done this and located the wires.

Chris

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, old thread but just about what I need to know. I can start a new thread if need be...

Has anyone been able to control the speaker lights separately from the awning lights?

Tying them to the porch/step light would be good if I could change that light color to red like my new speaker lights will be. Otherwise, completely separate will work also...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody??????
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 06-05-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the resounding response, I went on to discover a bit about the wiring.

The awning light switch should really be considered the speaker light switch because as I just replaced my outside speakers that have LED lights...they get the thicker gage wiring, which they don't really need.

The awning wiring is very thin gage and I found where it attaches, on the right side awning arm at the top. It was about to disconnect anyway, so I just pulled lightly on one connector and now no awning lights while the speakers do light up.

Now I would like to create a new switch for the awning lights located outside, maybe with a defeatable motion sensor for security. These bright lights tend to attract insects anyway so we don't use them very often.

So new question...has anyone done this or have a clever idea for doing so?
    Not everyone at once this time, lol
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 06-05-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out. I dont think anyone was ignoring you, prob just havent ran into that situation? The hard part you will have with a switch almost anywhere is running the wires. The exterior walls have what is similar to styrofoam inside of them. If you can find a power wire somewhere in the vicinity to tap into and use a wireless 12v switch, that might be the easiest route.

Another thought is to wire them up the way they originally were, and then use the 12v wireless switch upstream of the awning.

Your speaker lights could be on, and the awning light off, but your speaker lights would be on when awning light is on. This might be the easiest thing you could do .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 06-05-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was joking...I tend to be outside the box a lot.

Hmmm, I'll look into that wireless 12v switch.
    I could run the wiring down the awning arm rail and place an outdoor switch and/or motion sensor in that area, and find 12v from the front compartment.
    I'll have source some hardware either way...
    Thanks!

I think I can tie the porch/step light to the speaker lights fairly easily also. Which would make for an easy on the eyes setup.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 06-05-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Yeah, I was joking...I tend to be outside the box a lot.

Hmmm, I'll look into that wireless 12v switch.
    I could run the wiring down the awning arm rail and place an outdoor switch and/or motion sensor in that area, and find 12v from the front compartment.
    I'll have source some hardware either way...
    Thanks!
    I know you were joking [emoji106]

I dont know how your awning is setup in relation to the front compartment. If you can run the wire down there and not have it visible, it should be fine. I would want a clean installation and not have to worry about a flapping wire or anything snagging it, which is why I recommended the wireless switch. There are tons of different ones online if you search, awning lighting would be low current as well, so you shouldn't need anything crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is weird about this post is that it doesn't show up like others when I peruse new posts...not much exposure happening for some reason.
    Dan and Rita

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast