Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 350m Awning Issues

Just curious as to how many people have had issues with their awning arms buckling in a very I'm mean very light breeze. We were camping this 4th of July and came out to all of my awing arms buckled. I even had a easy up tent sitting there and it didn't even move. My wife contacted carefree and even they said the awning arms on these specific awnings are weak. I hope grand design will look into this a hopefully use a better product.

Brewbadger
    They move quite a bit. Mine are set out straight, and I normally have them deployed around halfway which seems to help with wind. I only deploy them full when I am there and can watch incase of storms.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the same.... Any wind or heavy rain, I roll mine in after reading all the reviews.... This clearly is an issue, previous TT with electric awnings were bullet proof, within reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learned the same lesson this weekend with 376TH, light to moderate breeze and had one arm buckle. Second trip out and we are heading to the shop. Won't have the awnings out near as often as I did in TT.

Brewbadger
    Sitting here chilling this afternoon with the awnings out about a quarter of the way out...
    Not a lot of wind, but a small surge, not strong enough to call it a gust. Decided to roll all the way in.
    Pretty sad state, not being able to use the awning at all for a sun block.

Brewbadger
    Another awning update. We had a storm come thru here this afternoon. Wow, it came on quick and I had the front awning a quarter of the way out and the side all the way out. Barely got them retracted in time and had to time the gust to the buckling and hit the button in short spurts to retract.
    Everyone in my row got pretty lucky as a micro burst took out some pretty nice size tree limbs. My neighbor got real lucky and the large limb and actually a tree fell the other way from there trailer. Same neighbor wasn't home and they have there awning out but roped and blocked and it made it thru the storm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awning.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	5015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	5016

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So since we know these awning arms are crap once they go through warranty replacements do they beef them up? or is this an endless cycle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you find most awning arms are the same.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to carefree they are using a new Awning on the 2017s it's called the longitude. The guy at carefree told us they are having issues with these awnings.Carefree is going to warranty these awning arms but I hope they upgrade or I will feel uncomfortable using these again. My dealer told me they had 5 more trailers with the same issue as mine. Hopefully carefree can change something up.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they say what events they were going to warranty? I am in the process of going through an insurance claim on my are that buckled in the wind. I would like to share this information with my dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast