Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rainwater filling the pass through storage

We have had our 337rls for a cpl of weeks now and it has rained twice here in kansas. Each time when we check the next day our pass through storage area is covered in water. We aren't using the 5th wheel at the time, it's been outside in our driveway. We have made sure the door is shut tightly and latched to ensure it isn't seeping through due to it being open slightly. We also have a leak coming from the shower through the track at the front. We addressed this with the service department at Four Seasons RV in Abilene where we bought it (they let you stay at their campground on your first night to somewhat walk you through set up) the next day and we hadn't moved the rv yet. They handed us a tube of silicone and said "Try this." While i'm disappointed that they didn't come and at least take a look at it, (my husband tried the silicone, it didn't work) my bigger worry is the amount of water coming in through the storage area. It's like someone dumps a half-gallon of water onto the platform there. I'd hate to have water damage due to it if it continues. My husband works very hard and we have saved up for this RV. (It's our first). Any one have an idea of what it causing it and how to go about fixing it? We are new owners with no experience in Rv's and it's a little overwhelming to have to address two water issues withing the first weeks of owning one. If I was handy, I'd certainly try to do something myself as my husband is working 12 hours days. I hate to have him worrying and stressing about this already. His workload is overwhelming right now as it's related to hail damage repair for vehicles. 'Tis the season for that. Any help and ideas are greatly appreciated. I'll have to pass the info along to him to try and fix it.

Thank you!!
    Reflection 337rls 2017

Tara and Rob Truitt
    Sandy the golden retriever wonder
    Winnie the annoying but lovable chihuahua (they both loved 'camping' this past weekend, their first outing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering if the water is somehow coming in through the vent stack that exits the roof? Other than the obvious two doors I can't think of any other areas that it may be coming in.
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are your slide-outs deployed?

I ask because of this thread....

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ain-leak-397th

and what I have posted at http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try having someone crawl into the storage area and close the doors. See if they can see any light coming in. (Oh, and don't forget to let them out!)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha Rick! I'll be sure to have the hubz do the crawl in, just in case. Ram, they are deployed and were last time as well. I couldn't find any leaking inside anywhere, thank goodness. I'll check the thread out. Thanks! Campinfool, I'll also have him check the roof vent that's over it. At least I assume there's one over it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of my baggage doors had no sealant/caulking around the top of door frames allowing the water to leak in. The water never reached the floor area and was in the plastic trays next to the door. I sealed them and no leaks since. Do you have water hose hooked up, it may be from an internal water leak

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No water hose hooked up, and the plastic bin at the front is dry. Rob called the dealer we bought it from and we're dropping it off to them Sunday afternoon. We get to head back to the lake tonight for the weekend. Woot!! Will let ya know how it all turns out. Hopefully a quick fix and it's back to us soon.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I appreciate you all taking the time to reply. You must have a pretty cool little group here on this site.

Will update when we get the fix done.

tara truitt

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, I should probably have Rob crawl in there and shut him in to check for light coming through anyway, right? haha It's only like a heat index of 105 here right now and the humidity is brutal.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have him crawl in for 5 minutes, turn, then baste with KC Masterpiece. KIDDING!!!!!

I'm in Tulsa so we are getting the same.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    Both of my baggage doors had no sealant/caulking around the top of door frames allowing the water to leak in. The water never reached the floor area and was in the plastic trays next to the door. I sealed them and no leaks since. Do you have water hose hooked up, it may be from an internal water leak
    Had competitive 5er, no sealant around rear window about 9 months later, water froze, the inside wall delaminated and bubbled, they had to replace whole back wall. Take pictures and check once in a while for bulges/blisters in the inside/outside walls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast