User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Rob--were you (or others) planning to talk about this with GDRV folks at the rally ? I believe in one of your posts you mentioned replacing springs as a maintenance item and just another cost of ownership.........assume this was tongue and cheek. It seems to me (and I trust to many others as well) there is a design/build issue particularly with the nearly 1000 +/- lbs. heavier when loaded street side of not just the 303, but 337 and and many other models as well. I cannot imagine that rubbing tires in the wheel wells tearing the black wrap and damaging the floor boards not to mention potential immediate or longer term tire damage on new and relatively new RVs is acceptable to GDRV.

Thanks, Dan
    Rob--thank you, for your feedback just abit ago regarding the "pounded" spring issue you posted in this thread. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ther-suppliers

Your comments on LCI responses/"forgetting" to bring springs/lack of action are not a surprise but quite disappointing (again.) Spring changes and the 2" lift need to be done on our 303 as well.......the current 2" +/- clearance is inadequate.......tires rubbing the wheel well/RV floor is not acceptable by any measure.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303 3000lbs on one side 3500lbs on other.

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Has anybody tried heavier springs on just the street side ?
    It would seem to make some sense to match the springs to the load they are carrying.
    If the street side is 1000 lbs heavier . . . why would we expect it to have the same springs as the curb side ?

Rob
    Yes I put 6 leaf 3500lbs springs only on the left side,5 leaf 3000lbs springs on passenger side. Leaf springs are identical in thickness. When you lay one spring on top of the other, they are identical the only difference is the one spring leaf at the bottom. The six leaf springs are spaced a little closer together. Which I’m sure is also the extra 500 pound capacity. It only makes sense that is left side is carrying an extra thousand pounds. It has improved the situation, if anybody has had problems with this let me know. Otherwise problem solved

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678