Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sw Louisiana here. Considering GD Reflection 297rsts

Hello all. Been looking at GD and OR. I really like the 297RSTS floor plan. I'm also impressed with the initial quality. I've read tons of reviews and I'm taking them with a grain of salt. I'd like to hear from GD owners what I gave to look out for, if any. I'd also like to hear what you like about your rig. Thanks in advance,

Potential GD owner.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the GD Forum. If you're going with an RV in the deep south, go with 2 a/c units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, 2 a/c units. Also consider the advertised R-value of insulation. It will never be like your sticks & bricks home, but every little bit helps. As important as the manufacturer and their efforts to create good RVs, is the dealership as they will be your first line of defense should a warranty issue come up. My first 5th wheel was an entry-level Keystone, it served my wife and I well, out in it every month with the exception of 2 over a 4-year period. When stepping up, I wanted to increase my chances of success, very happy with my selection of a Grand Design trailer and the dealer I purchased from, south of Austin.

Best of luck and safe travels.
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are two time GD owners so that should tell you a lot! It never crossed our minds to look at another brand when buying the second one! I think one of the biggest factors to consider is support after the sale. Truly I don't know anything about support from OR but if you will read posts on this forum you will see that Grand Design does not forget you AFTER your purchase. You will find thousands of testimonials of GD stepping up to help solve any issues.
    Good luck in your search and decision and hope we can welcome you to our group officially!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomHaycraft View Post
    Yes, 2 a/c units. Also consider the advertised R-value of insulation. It will never be like your sticks & bricks home, but every little bit helps. As important as the manufacturer and their efforts to create good RVs, is the dealership as they will be your first line of defense should a warranty issue come up. My first 5th wheel was an entry-level Keystone, it served my wife and I well, out in it every month with the exception of 2 over a 4-year period. When stepping up, I wanted to increase my chances of success, very happy with my selection of a Grand Design trailer and the dealer I purchased from, south of Austin.

Best of luck and safe travels.
    Thanks Tom. My parents are in Austin. Did you use Crestview? How was the experience/support? We've talked with JJ there and he was really nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandenardoin View Post
    Thanks Tom. My parents are in Austin. Did you use Crestview? How was the experience/support? We've talked with JJ there and he was really nice.
    The location of Crestview in Buda carries the Grand Design line of trailers. The salesman I worked with was John Giguere, I was very happy with his approach, knowledgeable but not pushy. Good luck with the search process!
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I looked at the 297 as well. In the end I chose the 313. Very similar layouts overall. But the 313 won because we could open the refrigerator without cracking the slide. Seems kind of silly when I say it, but it was a deal breaker for my bride.

We are very pleased with the initial quality of our unit. We have a few issues I could outline in detail, but most are cosmetic. Everything worked on our first trip out and we haven't found any leaks. It's been raining more than normal in CO this year so I think they would have been obvious if they were there. When we compared across brands there were very few that we felt showed as well as the GDRV brands. Forest River (several brands) Outback, Keystone, Mallard and others didn't come close. Only other brand we seriously considered was Mesa Ridge. Our Reflection 313 came home because the layout hit more of our checkmarks than any other.

Best of luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandenardoin View Post
    Hello all. Been looking at GD and OR. I really like the 297RSTS floor plan. I'm also impressed with the initial quality. I've read tons of reviews and I'm taking them with a grain of salt. I'd like to hear from GD owners what I gave to look out for, if any. I'd also like to hear what you like about your rig. Thanks in advance,

Potential GD owner.
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    ... because we could open the refrigerator without cracking the slide. Seems kind of silly when I say it, but it was a deal breaker for my bride.
    Not silly at all! It was a deal breaker for me too. On the road wanting a soda from fridge... and in "storage" able to load fridge without opening slide a big plus!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Not silly at all! It was a deal breaker for me too. On the road wanting a soda from fridge... and in "storage" able to load fridge without opening slide a big plus!
    Those were things we looked at too - at least 1 side of fridge can open without opening slide, bathroom accessible, and bedroom/bed accessible. It's amazing how many rigs don't support at least one of those.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. We've had our Reflection for two years and three months. 8,600 plus miles in 29 trips. It has been great!! Customer service is awesome too. Dealer is a very important part of the equation too.
    Good luck with your decision, you won't go wrong with a GD.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]